Bsod

Noobins

Bsod

Ive been getting BSOD's lately when I'm watching videos in web browsers
and when I'm playing "age of conan", but not any other games.. It seems
like the BSOD's started some time around when i installed Conan but im
not sure if its the game or maybe a driver i updated befor i installed
the game..

The BSOD says "IRQL not less than or equal to"

This is the error thats comes up when it reboots to windows

Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown.
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: FFFFB800154666C8
BCP2: 000000000000000C
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF800024BA73B
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini073108-04.dmp
C:\Users\Moredeath\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-31917-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Moredeath\AppData\Local\Temp\WER9867.tmp. version.txt

Any help would be great

Thanks,
Jake

--
Noobins
scrooge

Re: Bsod

have you tryed updating your (video drivers)? it may also be heat . if
you need something to check your temps . you can download (CoreTemp)
it's free ..
scrooge

--
scrooge
Noobins

Re: Bsod

Driver Packaging Version 8.512-080703a-066914C-ATI
for my ati HD4870

my core temps are at 33 degrees right now 0 load

--
Noobins
scrooge

Re: Bsod

what's your temps under load ? also sometimes it helps to uninstall your
video drivers
and reboot then update the drivers again..

scrooge

--
scrooge
HappyAndyK

Re: Bsod

STOP 0x0000000A or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
A kernel-mode process or driver attempted to access a memory location
without authorization. This Stop error is typically caused by faulty or
incompatible hardware or software. The name of the offending device
driver often appears in the Stop error and can provide an important clue
to solving the problem. If the error message points to a specific device
or category of devices, try removing or replacing devices in that
category. If this Stop error appears during Setup, suspect an
incompatible driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup program.
This 'KB314063' (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314063) may show you
the direction. More at 'WinVistaClub BSOD Troubleshooting'
(http://www.winvistaclub.com/t3.html).

--
HappyAndyK

www.WinVistaClub.com
HappyAndyK's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=4
View this thread: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17905

Noobins

Re: Bsod

max load its at about 43C

--
Noobins
Noobins

Re: Bsod

Im not sure if this will help but this is a picture of the first BSOD i
got with this pc.. Seems it was after i either installed GRID or a
windows update :/

[image: http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9129/failurebe7.jpg]

also, I did a mem test and my ram is working fine..

--
Noobins
kzone

Re: Bsod

i bet u have a creative sound card, look no further, remove it and you
problem may go away...

--
kzone
DDW

Re: Bsod
On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:39:09 -0500, kzone <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

>i bet u have a creative sound card, look no further, remove it and you
>problem may go away...

Huh?

That would be the first time I've ever heard of a sound card causing a
BSOD during a game.

It's definitely a hardware problem, but my bet is that the sound card
is dead last in any consideration - if it's being considered at all.
kzone

Re: Bsod

DDW;815308 Wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:39:09 -0500, kzone <guest@xxxxxx-email.com>
> wrote:
> > > >
> > >i bet u have a creative sound card, look no further, remove it and you
> > >problem may go away... > >

> Huh?
>
> That would be the first time I've ever heard of a sound card causing
> BSOD during a game.
>
> It's definitely a hardware problem, but my bet is that the sound card
> is dead last in any consideration - if it's being considered at all.

LOL, look at the internet, its full of blue screen stories and creative
drivers.

If you need proof, play Age of Conan, you won't last 20 minutes without
BSOD until u remove your xfi card and then you won't get any bsod.
Explain that...

--
kzone