Google has taken over my computer

Frederick

Google has taken over my computer
I am a new owner of Windows Vista and when ever I turn on my computer and my
home page starts to load Google interupts and displays a message that the
address is to long and can't be found. This is particularly annoying as I
have used this home page for years. It also intercepts some my book marks and
does and displays a new search page. I have unistalled the Google Desk top as
I thought this was the culprit but am having the same problem
--
Fred
HappyAndyK

Re: Google has taken over my computer

A new owner, you say ? Could it be some pre-installed trial programs or
crapware ? You might have to 'de-gunk your PC '
(http://www.winvistaclub.com/e19.html)in that case. I suggest you use
PC-DeCrapifier and additionally run a 3rd party anti-spyware too. Spybot
or a-squared are good freeware.

--
HappyAndyK

www.WinVistaClub.com
HappyAndyK's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=4
View this thread: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17872

Charlie42

"Frederick" <Frederick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am a new owner of Windows Vista and when ever I turn on my
> computer and my home page starts to load Google interupts and
> displays a message that the address is to long and can't be found.
> This is particularly annoying as I have used this home page for
> years. It also intercepts some my book marks and does and
> displays a new search page. I have unistalled the Google Desk top
> as I thought this was the culprit but am having the same problem

Your computer is pretty likely infected with malware. No Google software
behaves this way - browser hijackers do.

Run thorough malware checks with your anti-virus and anti-spyware programs.
Consider posting in the Vista security newsgroup if you still need help
after that.

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...sta.sec urity

Charlie42

John Barnett MVP

Re: Google has taken over my computer
Google certainly doesn't behave the way you describe, so you may have
inadvertently downloaded some malware/spyware. Try running Windows Defender
from the Vista start menu. Alternatively download Malwarebytes Anti Malware
(wwww.malwarebytes.org) and run that too.

It is possible that your home page has been hijacked but that requires more
spe******t knowledge. You need to run an application called 'Hijackthis' to
create a file of what is going on on your PC. The file needs then to be
looked at by a Hijackthis expert. There are newsgroups available that can do
this for you, but you will have to give them time to analyse the contents of
the file.

John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"Frederick" <Frederick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am a new owner of Windows Vista and when ever I turn on my computer and
> my
> home page starts to load Google interupts and displays a message that the
> address is to long and can't be found. This is particularly annoying as I
> have used this home page for years. It also intercepts some my book marks
> and
> does and displays a new search page. I have unistalled the Google Desk top
> as
> I thought this was the culprit but am having the same problem
> --
> Fred

John Barnett MVP

Re: Google has taken over my computer
HappyAndyK the link you supplied doesn't exists, the )in prevents the page
from loading. The correct link should be