Wierd typing problems...HELP!

Brooke

Wierd typing problems...HELP!
Every once in awhile; however more often than not. I will be typing and then
it will go to all caps (caps lock is not on). If I turn the caps lock on, it
will type in all lower case. The numbers will not display as numbers, but as
the symbols. I will click on a link and it will open a new tab or window. I
will highlight items and it will start acting very weird.

I know it's not a virus, it's been happening since I have had the laptop.

Anyone have any ideas?
Mick Murphy

RE: Wierd typing problems...HELP!
Sounds like it is under Warranty.
Contact the Manufacturer.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Brooke" wrote:

> Every once in awhile; however more often than not. I will be typing and then
> it will go to all caps (caps lock is not on). If I turn the caps lock on, it
> will type in all lower case. The numbers will not display as numbers, but as
> the symbols. I will click on a link and it will open a new tab or window. I
> will highlight items and it will start acting very weird.
>
> I know it's not a virus, it's been happening since I have had the laptop.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

Charlie Tame

Brooke wrote:
> Every once in awhile; however more often than not. I will be typing and then
> it will go to all caps (caps lock is not on). If I turn the caps lock on, it
> will type in all lower case. The numbers will not display as numbers, but as
> the symbols. I will click on a link and it will open a new tab or window. I
> will highlight items and it will start acting very weird.
>
> I know it's not a virus, it's been happening since I have had the laptop.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

Well, when XP was new a few people complained their machine was typing
by itself and that was due to the fact that it had a built in microphone
the user hadn't thought about. It was doing speech to text on
background noise

I think this unlikely in your case' if only because the caps lock key
get to working backwards, but who knows.

Also I used to have some software that upset the caps lock key, don't
recall now what it was but obviously it had a defect somewhere. You
might try disabling as much auto run stuff as you cam and see what
happens. Check Google for the make and model with some words like
"Keyboard", "Shift" etc... someone else might be seeing the same and
have found a fix.
mich

"Brooke" wrote:

> Every once in awhile; however more often than not. I will be typing and then
> it will go to all caps (caps lock is not on). If I turn the caps lock on, it
> will type in all lower case. The numbers will not display as numbers, but as
> the symbols. I will click on a link and it will open a new tab or window. I
> will highlight items and it will start acting very weird.
>
> I know it's not a virus, it's been happening since I have had the laptop.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

I have XP and have had this problem on my laptop before also. I know this
sounds idiotic but it's worked for me in the past: with all windows minimized
and with my whole hand, I press down all the keys across my keyboard (for
some reason I focus more on the right side). I don't just hold my hand down,
but press down and release over and over, all very quickly. I'll just keep
doing that until it goes away, which has taken anywhere from a few passes
across my keyboard to several passes. Hope this helps and good luck. =]
Rick Rogers

Re: Wierd typing problems...HELP!
It's a faulty keyboard and needs to be replaced. As they're laptops, this is
best done by a technician.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/