Everything loads slowly.

Tenuma

Everything loads slowly.

I originally bought this laptop because I was going to use it to play
mmo's and the guy selling it to me said It'l do the job. I can load it,
but nothing moves smoothly, (I guess I could describe it as "chunky")
Also games like Heros v, Civilization 3, Fable...games like that.

I have Windows Vista basic and I've got 54.7 free of 69.1gb.
I'm wondering what I can do to get the best performance.

I'm not too sure how to find the rest of the information. If you need
any more info just let me know how to find it and I'll let you know.

Sorry I'm not really good with computers. Thanks in advance.

--
Tenuma
Mick Murphy

RE: Everything loads slowly.
Click on Start>right-click on Computer>Left-click Properties

That will show you Processor size, and how much RAM you have.
That info is needed.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Tenuma" wrote:

> I originally bought this laptop because I was going to use it to play
> mmo's and the guy selling it to me said It'l do the job. I can load it,
> but nothing moves smoothly, (I guess I could describe it as "chunky")
> Also games like Heros v, Civilization 3, Fable...games like that.
>
> I have Windows Vista basic and I've got 54.7 free of 69.1gb.
> I'm wondering what I can do to get the best performance.
>
> I'm not too sure how to find the rest of the information. If you need
> any more info just let me know how to find it and I'll let you know.
>
> Sorry I'm not really good with computers. Thanks in advance.
>

> --
> Tenuma

Ianw

Re: Everything loads slowly.

Kind of agree with Mick, looks like you amy have to stick in some more
RAM.

I run ultimate with 1.5Gb ram and I notice that when I first startup it
is really slow, after about 5 minutes it purrs along.

So an memory upgrade may be what you need, not know what you have
already.

Ian

--
Ianw
Ianw's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=122

Brink

Re: Everything loads slowly.

Hi Tenuma,

These steps will help show you how to improve the performance of your
computer.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/81...nce-vista.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
SG

Re: Everything loads slowly.
"Brink" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi Tenuma,
>
> These steps will help show you how to improve the performance of your
> computer.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/81...nce-vista.html
>
> Hope this helps,
> Shawn
>
> Tenuma;786623 Wrote:
>> I originally bought this laptop because I was going to use it to play
>> mmo's and the guy selling it to me said It'l do the job. I can load it,
>> but nothing moves smoothly, (I guess I could describe it as "chunky")
>> Also games like Heros v, Civilization 3, Fable...games like that.
>>
>> I have Windows Vista basic and I've got 54.7 free of 69.1gb.
>> I'm wondering what I can do to get the best performance.
>>
>> I'm not too sure how to find the rest of the information. If you need
>> any more info just let me know how to find it and I'll let you know.
>>
>> Sorry I'm not really good with computers. Thanks in advance.
>>

>> --
>> Tenuma

> --
> Brink
>
> *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
> them.*
> '*VISTA FORUMS*' (http://www.vistax64.com)
> *Please post feedback to help others.*

A person states "Sorry I'm not really good with computers" and you send them
off to these technical sites Shawn? sheeeese. To the OP, Tenuma, do as you
would if you were going into surgery, get a second opinion. Those links can
and most likely will render your system unusable unless you know exactly
what you are doing and not to degrade you at all, but by your post I don't
see you changing anything would be safe for you.

--
All the best,
SG

Is your computer system ready for Vista?
https://winqual.microsoft.com/hcl/
Want to keep up with the latest news from MS?
http://news.google.com/nwshp?tab=wn&ned=us&topic=t
Just type in Microsoft

Brink

Re: Everything loads slowly.

Hi SG,

The tutorials at that link were written by me, and were written with
people new to computers in mind. That is why I recommended them to
Tenuma. Of course you are right that Tenuma should never try anything
that Tenuma is not comfortable with doing though.

Regards,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
nightlite

Re: Everything loads slowly.

I have trieded the tutorials that were mentioned , and not knowing alot
about computers found that if they are follewed correctly , they will
work as well there are many links to information explaining the changes.
Thanks to these and other links i am gradualy learning more.

--
nightlite