Task Schedular problem

Michael

Task Schedular problem
VISTA home premium
what I did: changed name of my machine from walraven-pc to desktop
problem:

No longer get reminders from windows calendar

In task scheduler Library
Microsoft
Windows
WindowsCalendar
I get ' An error occurred for task Reminders - Walraven. Error message: The
specified account name is not valid',

OK that seems reasonable as I had to change several other schedules from
walraven-pc/walraven to desktop/walraven

however in this case the list of tasks is blank. Refresh results in repeat
of the error message.
Tried to delete the folder 'windowscalendar' says cannot delete. 'You must
delete all tasks from he folder before the folder can be deleted' - to tasks
listed to be deleted.

I seem to be in a catch 22 here.

Any help most appreciated.
Michael

BarbaraG

Re: Task Schedular problem

"Michael" <mexxwalraven@verson.net> wrote in message
newsE48068E-1021-45DE-9606-382CA1089F97@microsoft.com...
> VISTA home premium
> what I did: changed name of my machine from walraven-pc to desktop
> problem:
>
> No longer get reminders from windows calendar
>
> In task scheduler Library
> Microsoft
> Windows
> WindowsCalendar
> I get ' An error occurred for task Reminders - Walraven. Error message:
> The specified account name is not valid',
>
> OK that seems reasonable as I had to change several other schedules from
> walraven-pc/walraven to desktop/walraven
>
> however in this case the list of tasks is blank. Refresh results in repeat
> of the error message.
> Tried to delete the folder 'windowscalendar' says cannot delete. 'You must
> delete all tasks from he folder before the folder can be deleted' - to
> tasks listed to be deleted.
>
> I seem to be in a catch 22 here.
>
> Any help most appreciated.
> Michael

I have been having the same problem only it was a user name that I deleted.
I deleted the scheduled task from Windows Calendar folder (after showing
task from all users) but I am unable to delete the Windows Calendar program.
That annoying message keeps appearing with no information - would like to
find some information maybe regarding Registry entries that I can change.
Vista Home Premium

Ruby Hubble

Re: Task Schedular problem
can anyone tell me how to record on the dvd write seems off the internet
also? this new windows vista is surpose to be easier to understand and
simple but I seem to find it hard to understand what to do or where to go?
confused no book shipped with program and help sends you here and there is
there a simple way?

"Michael" <mexxwalraven@verson.net> wrote in message
newsE48068E-1021-45DE-9606-382CA1089F97@microsoft.com...
> VISTA home premium
> what I did: changed name of my machine from walraven-pc to desktop
> problem:
>
> No longer get reminders from windows calendar
>
> In task scheduler Library
> Microsoft
> Windows
> WindowsCalendar
> I get ' An error occurred for task Reminders - Walraven. Error message:
> The specified account name is not valid',
>
> OK that seems reasonable as I had to change several other schedules from
> walraven-pc/walraven to desktop/walraven
>
> however in this case the list of tasks is blank. Refresh results in repeat
> of the error message.
> Tried to delete the folder 'windowscalendar' says cannot delete. 'You must
> delete all tasks from he folder before the folder can be deleted' - to
> tasks listed to be deleted.
>
> I seem to be in a catch 22 here.
>
> Any help most appreciated.
> Michael

Rock

Re: Task Schedular problem
"Ruby Hubble" <rubyrah123@windstream.net> wrote
> can anyone tell me how to record on the dvd write seems off the internet
> also? this new windows vista is surpose to be easier to understand and
> simple but I seem to find it hard to understand what to do or where to go?
> confused no book shipped with program and help sends you here and there is
> there a simple way?

You posted your question as a reply to someone else's thread on the Task
Scheduler service. Repost creating a new thread and give relevant details,
such as what you are trying to accomplish, what steps you are taking now to
do it, and what happens or doesn't when you do, including the verbatim text
of any error messages.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Michael

Re: Task Schedular problem
I find the following location in the registry has info about the tasks in
the schedular.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Current Version\Schedule\TaskCache

for me the task with value {CD899A53-4BAD........} referenced the schedule
task. Getting rid of all entries the reference that value got rid of the
error messages for me.

WARNING these entries are owned by SYSTEM you can delete them but you cannot
change them and you cannot create them.

MAKE SURE YOUR HAVE CREATED A RESTORE POINT BEFORE MUCKING IN HERE.

This does not seem to be the ONLY place that has info, even after deleting
the entries and schedule folder in regedit, the folder exists and is not
'empty' in task scheduler and cannot be deleted nor can the origional task
name be added (already there).

Michael

"BarbaraG" <bgl82066@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Michael" <mexxwalraven@verson.net> wrote in message
> newsE48068E-1021-45DE-9606-382CA1089F97@microsoft.com...
>> VISTA home premium
>> what I did: changed name of my machine from walraven-pc to desktop
>> problem:
>>
>> No longer get reminders from windows calendar
>>
>> In task scheduler Library
>> Microsoft
>> Windows
>> WindowsCalendar
>> I get ' An error occurred for task Reminders - Walraven. Error message:
>> The specified account name is not valid',
>>
>> OK that seems reasonable as I had to change several other schedules from
>> walraven-pc/walraven to desktop/walraven
>>
>> however in this case the list of tasks is blank. Refresh results in
>> repeat of the error message.
>> Tried to delete the folder 'windowscalendar' says cannot delete. 'You
>> must delete all tasks from he folder before the folder can be deleted' -
>> to tasks listed to be deleted.
>>
>> I seem to be in a catch 22 here.
>>
>> Any help most appreciated.
>> Michael
>>

> I have been having the same problem only it was a user name that I
> deleted. I deleted the scheduled task from Windows Calendar folder (after
> showing task from all users) but I am unable to delete the Windows
> Calendar program. That annoying message keeps appearing with no
> information - would like to find some information maybe regarding Registry
> entries that I can change.
> Vista Home Premium

Michael

Re: Task Schedular problem
Also you mention 'showing tasks from all users' how did you do that (I found
show hidden tasks but not anything like 'all users'.)