Restore from System Backup

ScottHarlow

Restore from System Backup
About 2 weeks ago I did a full system back up and now I want to restore SOME
of the files from this backup. Whenever I go into the Backup and Restore
Center and attempt to do a Restore files I receive a warning that There are
no backups available on this computer. But, from the main screen I can see
that the last backup was done on 7/7/2008 and was backed up to drive "G".
This is an external hard drive and now when I connect it Windows Vista
(Ultimate) assigns it to drive "H".
Richard G. Harper

Re: Restore from System Backup
You're going to have to un-do whatever you did to bump the drive from "G:"
to "H:" - if Windows Backup can't find it where the backup where thinks it
saved it, the backup will be considered corrupt and unusable.

"ScottHarlow" <ScottHarlow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> About 2 weeks ago I did a full system back up and now I want to restore
> SOME
> of the files from this backup. Whenever I go into the Backup and Restore
> Center and attempt to do a Restore files I receive a warning that There
> are
> no backups available on this computer. But, from the main screen I can see
> that the last backup was done on 7/7/2008 and was backed up to drive "G".
> This is an external hard drive and now when I connect it Windows Vista
> (Ultimate) assigns it to drive "H".

ScottHarlow

Re: Restore from System Backup
Thank you, I will try to see if I can get the drive installed to "G:"