I keep getting an error message when I turn on my computer

Krystena the computer moron

I keep getting an error message when I turn on my computer
Every time I turn on my computer I ger an erro message that reads......

error loading c:\PROGRA~\mywebs~1\bar\1.bin\M3PLUGIN.DLL

what in the world is this and how do i get rid of it? My computer is working
fine...I deleted so crap called My Web Search that someone in my caln had
downloded with a game. Could that be why iam getting this message? ANY AND
ALL HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
Malke

Re: I keep getting an error message when I turn on my computer
Krystena the computer moron wrote:

> Every time I turn on my computer I ger an erro message that reads......
>
> error loading c:\PROGRA~\mywebs~1\bar\1.bin\M3PLUGIN.DLL
>
> what in the world is this and how do i get rid of it? My computer is
> working fine...I deleted so crap called My Web Search that someone in my
> caln had downloded with a game. Could that be why iam getting this
> message? ANY AND ALL HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

You are correct that this file belongs to the My Web Search malware. I would
do some further scanning since just uninstalling My Web Search from
Programs & Features is probably inadequate for true cleaning.

If you are sure that the machine is 100% virus/malware-free, remove the
entry for the file by managing your Startup:

Start Orb>Start Search box>msconfig [enter]

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation,
type the password, or click Continue. Then see what is on the Startup tab.
You don't need to restart immediately, but the next time you do you'll get
a dialog saying you've used the Utility. Usually in Vista this will be
blocked by Windows Defender and you'll need to allow it so you can then
tick the box that says in effect, "don't bother me about this again".

Important - Do not use the System Configuration Utility to stop processes.
Instead, use Start>Run>services.msc [enter] and do not stop any services
unless you really, really know what you're doing.

The free Autoruns program is very useful for managing your Startup -
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sys...s/default.mspx - Autoruns

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Spirit

Re: I keep getting an error message when I turn on my computer
Re-install it 1st and then follow this :

http://www.pchell.com/support/mywebsearch.shtml