error loading

Becky

error loading
when i log in i get a message that appears
C:\Users\becky03\appdata\local\temp\efcBsPFu.dll if anyone can help that
would be great
--
B3
Ralph

Re: error loading
Well, I 'googled' the filename, and didn't get anything.
Some more information would be helpful.
Could you check the event log?

"Becky" <becktini03@yahoo.com(donotspam)> wrote in message
> when i log in i get a message that appears
> C:\Users\becky03\appdata\local\temp\efcBsPFu.dll if anyone can help
> that
> would be great
> --
> B3

Malke

Re: error loading
donotspam wrote:

> when i log in i get a message that appears
> C:\Users\becky03\appdata\local\temp\efcBsPFu.dll if anyone can help
> that would be great

The file is probably malware. If you have recently cleaned up your machine,
your security software (your antivirus perhaps?) removed the malware and
left the reference to it in Startup. If you haven't recently done any
virus/malware scanning, you should.

Be sure the computer is clean:

If you are sure the computer is virus/malware-free, then manage the Startup
entries:

Start Orb>Start Search box>msconfig [enter]

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation,
type the password, or click Continue. Then see what is on the Startup tab.
You don't need to restart immediately, but the next time you do you'll get
a dialog saying you've used the Utility. Usually in Vista this will be
blocked by Windows Defender and you'll need to allow it so you can then
tick the box that says in effect, "don't bother me about this again".

Important - Do not use the System Configuration Utility to stop processes.
Instead, use Start>Run>services.msc [enter] and do not stop any services
unless you really, really know what you're doing.

The free Autoruns program is very useful for managing your Startup -
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sys...s/default.mspx - Autoruns

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Kari Walters

Re: error loading
On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:04:58 -0700, Malke <malke@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>donotspam wrote:
>
>> when i log in i get a message that appears
>> C:\Users\becky03\appdata\local\temp\efcBsPFu.dll if anyone can help
>> that would be great

>The file is probably malware. If you have recently cleaned up your machine,
>your security software (your antivirus perhaps?) removed the malware and
>left the reference to it in Startup. If you haven't recently done any
>virus/malware scanning, you should.
>
>Be sure the computer is clean:
>http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/...moving_Malware
>
>If you are sure the computer is virus/malware-free, then manage the Startup
>entries:
>
>Start Orb>Start Search box>msconfig [enter]
>
>If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation,
>type the password, or click Continue. Then see what is on the Startup tab.
>You don't need to restart immediately, but the next time you do you'll get
>a dialog saying you've used the Utility. Usually in Vista this will be
>blocked by Windows Defender and you'll need to allow it so you can then
>tick the box that says in effect, "don't bother me about this again".
>
>Important - Do not use the System Configuration Utility to stop processes.
>Instead, use Start>Run>services.msc [enter] and do not stop any services
>unless you really, really know what you're doing.
>
>The free Autoruns program is very useful for managing your Startup -
>http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sys...s/default.mspx - Autoruns
>
>Malke

I thought Vista was impervious to malware??? Should I stick with Windows XP????

Kari
Nonny

Re: error loading
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 09:29:32 -0400, Kari Walters <KariW@nowhere.net>
wrote:

>I thought Vista was impervious to malware???

Whatever gave you THAT idea?

>Should I stick with Windows XP????

If it's working for you and you are happy with your present computer,
there is no reason for you to make the switch. Vista is quite
different looking than XP (that's part of its allure) but it also has
things in different places so folks that are familiar with XP may get
frustrated.

Then there is "User Account Control". You can Google that one to
research it.