Is it safe to delete "Error Reports" in Disk cleanup?

Nitrius

Is it safe to delete "Error Reports" in Disk cleanup?

In disk cleanup, i got 4 "error reports":
- Per user archived Windows Error Reports - 1,04 MB
- Per user queued Windows Error Reports - 331 MB
- System archived Windows Error Reports - 6,55 KB
- System queued Windows Error Reports - 26,1 MB
Is it safe to delete these?

I've been to:
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ ReportArchive
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ ReportQueue
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArch ive
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueu e
And there is files there.

I've also checked the registery:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\explorer\VolumeCaches
and the folder paths seems to be right.

Reason am saying this is because, I've heard people have had their fear
share of problems with deleting these so, i just have to ask. If
everything seems to be okay, can i delete these files at a regular
basis?

--
Nitrius
Brink

Re: Is it safe to delete "Error Reports" in Disk cleanup?

Hi Nitrius,

With those sizes it will be safe for you. It is only a problem when
they are huge GB sizes.

Since you have the 64 bit Vista, be sure to also fix the Disk Cleanup
shortcut. This tutorial will show you how to.

'Disk Cleanup - Correct Shortcut for Vista 64 bit'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/87...ta-64-bit.html)

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Nitrius

Re: Is it safe to delete "Error Reports" in Disk cleanup?

Thanks once again, and I'll check out that link as well.

--
Nitrius

bluesalt

Re: Is it safe to delete "Error Reports" in Disk cleanup?

I wish I'd read these tutorials earlier. I had deleted the *System and
per user queued Windows Error Reporting Files*-GB sizes - without fixing
the bug (because I didn't know there was one) but my notebook is still
running. What is likely to go wrong now?
Thanks

--
bluesalt
Brink

Re: Is it safe to delete "Error Reports" in Disk cleanup?

Hello Bluesalt,

If you had the same sizes for all of the items in that were in that
tutorial above, then you should backup anything that you do not want to
lose to a separate drive or partition in case you experience problems
from this. If it was just for that one item you have listed, then you
will be fine.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...5-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*::Windows 7 Forums::*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/) *and*
'*::Vista Forums::*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
bluesalt

Re: Is it safe to delete "Error Reports" in Disk cleanup?

Thanks for your help. Will take note of your advice and follow through
with earlier tutorials the next time these files get to GB size.

--
bluesalt
Brink

Re: Is it safe to delete "Error Reports" in Disk cleanup?

You're welcome Bluesalt.