Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

task scheduler

microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-23-2008
Kaja
 

Posts: n/a
task scheduler
Hi, hope someone can help me on this Running Windows Vista Home Premium as my
OS I am trying to schedule the following tasks:disk cleanup, Disk
defragmenter, and system file checker. When I go into the control panel and
select create basic task it tells me to name the task and give a brief
description so I do. Then i get to a section where it asks me to pick a
program and so I hit browse but all I saw were programs on my computer. How
do I find and select disc cleanup, disk defragmenter and system file checker
as a task? I am novice so please give mwe simple step by step instructions.
Any help would be aprreciated.
Kaja
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-24-2008
Carey Frisch [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: task scheduler
Install a good, comprehensive, security program,
such as Windows OneCare, and you'll not have to
worry about those issues. You can try it FREE
for ninety (90) days.
http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/default.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Desktop Experience -
Windows Vista Enthusiast

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Kaja" <Kaja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA1434B9-0649-4FF4-B9F5-F39AF5D5CBD1@microsoft.com...
Hi, hope someone can help me on this Running Windows Vista Home Premium as my
OS I am trying to schedule the following tasks:disk cleanup, Disk
defragmenter, and system file checker. When I go into the control panel and
select create basic task it tells me to name the task and give a brief
description so I do. Then i get to a section where it asks me to pick a
program and so I hit browse but all I saw were programs on my computer. How
do I find and select disc cleanup, disk defragmenter and system file checker
as a task? I am novice so please give mwe simple step by step instructions.
Any help would be aprreciated.
Kaja
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-24-2008
Mick Murphy
 

Posts: n/a
Re: task scheduler
SPAM
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia


"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Install a good, comprehensive, security program,
> such as Windows OneCare, and you'll not have to
> worry about those issues. You can try it FREE
> for ninety (90) days.
> http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/default.htm
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Desktop Experience -
> Windows Vista Enthusiast
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------
>
> "Kaja" <Kaja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA1434B9-0649-4FF4-B9F5-F39AF5D5CBD1@microsoft.com...
> Hi, hope someone can help me on this Running Windows Vista Home Premium as my
> OS I am trying to schedule the following tasks:disk cleanup, Disk
> defragmenter, and system file checker. When I go into the control panel and
> select create basic task it tells me to name the task and give a brief
> description so I do. Then i get to a section where it asks me to pick a
> program and so I hit browse but all I saw were programs on my computer. How
> do I find and select disc cleanup, disk defragmenter and system file checker
> as a task? I am novice so please give mwe simple step by step instructions.
> Any help would be aprreciated.
> Kaja
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-24-2008
Mick Murphy
 

Posts: n/a
Re: task scheduler
A security program(if you call Onecare a security program, lol), does NOT
take the place of routine computer maintenance.

You are an MVP?
I don't think so!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia


"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Install a good, comprehensive, security program,
> such as Windows OneCare, and you'll not have to
> worry about those issues. You can try it FREE
> for ninety (90) days.
> http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/default.htm
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Desktop Experience -
> Windows Vista Enthusiast
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------
>
> "Kaja" <Kaja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA1434B9-0649-4FF4-B9F5-F39AF5D5CBD1@microsoft.com...
> Hi, hope someone can help me on this Running Windows Vista Home Premium as my
> OS I am trying to schedule the following tasks:disk cleanup, Disk
> defragmenter, and system file checker. When I go into the control panel and
> select create basic task it tells me to name the task and give a brief
> description so I do. Then i get to a section where it asks me to pick a
> program and so I hit browse but all I saw were programs on my computer. How
> do I find and select disc cleanup, disk defragmenter and system file checker
> as a task? I am novice so please give mwe simple step by step instructions.
> Any help would be aprreciated.
> Kaja
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-24-2008
Carey Frisch [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: task scheduler
All-in-one protection and maintenance:

In one convenient package, Windows Live OneCare helps protect
your computer, uses its optimization features to keep your PC running
at its speediest, and even regularly backs up your important files:

Protection Plus uses antivirus and antispyware scanners,
a managed two-way firewall, and integrated anti-phishing
technology to protect your computer from viruses, worms,
Trojan horses, hackers, phishing, and other threats. It runs
continuously, but you can scan individual files and folders
for viruses on demand simply by right-clicking them.
You can even scan attachments you receive via Windows Live
Messenger or MSN Messenger.

Performance Plus regularly defragments your hard disk,
removes any unnecessary files that may clog your computer,
and helps ensure important security updates from Microsoft
are installed efficiently and on time.

Backup and Restore regularly copies your important files and
settings to CD, DVD, external hard disk, network drive, or other
data-storage device.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Desktop Experience -
Windows Vista Enthusiast

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Mick Murphy" <MickMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:439B683F-D3AF-4397-AACC-D3E466B0BF00@microsoft.com...
A security program(if you call Onecare a security program, lol), does NOT
take the place of routine computer maintenance.

You are an MVP?
I don't think so!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia


"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Install a good, comprehensive, security program,
> such as Windows OneCare, and you'll not have to
> worry about those issues. You can try it FREE
> for ninety (90) days.
> http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/default.htm
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Desktop Experience -
> Windows Vista Enthusiast
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------
>
> "Kaja" <Kaja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA1434B9-0649-4FF4-B9F5-F39AF5D5CBD1@microsoft.com...
> Hi, hope someone can help me on this Running Windows Vista Home Premium as my
> OS I am trying to schedule the following tasks:disk cleanup, Disk
> defragmenter, and system file checker. When I go into the control panel and
> select create basic task it tells me to name the task and give a brief
> description so I do. Then i get to a section where it asks me to pick a
> program and so I hit browse but all I saw were programs on my computer. How
> do I find and select disc cleanup, disk defragmenter and system file checker
> as a task? I am novice so please give mwe simple step by step instructions.
> Any help would be aprreciated.
> Kaja
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-24-2008
Mick Murphy
 

Posts: n/a
Re: task scheduler
You are a notorious SPAMMER

And GENUINE MVPs here write that Windows LiveOneCare is NOT recommended to
use with Vista.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia


"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

-
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Desktop Experience -
> Windows Vista Enthusiast
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------
>
> "Mick Murphy" <MickMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:439B683F-D3AF-4397-AACC-D3E466B0BF00@microsoft.com...
> A security program(if you call Onecare a security program, lol), does NOT
> take the place of routine computer maintenance.
>
> You are an MVP?
> I don't think so!
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
>
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Install a good, comprehensive, security program,
> > such as Windows OneCare, and you'll not have to
> > worry about those issues. You can try it FREE
> > for ninety (90) days.
> > http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/default.htm
> >
> > --
> > Carey Frisch
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows Desktop Experience -
> > Windows Vista Enthusiast
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > "Kaja" <Kaja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA1434B9-0649-4FF4-B9F5-F39AF5D5CBD1@microsoft.com...
> > Hi, hope someone can help me on this Running Windows Vista Home Premium as my
> > OS I am trying to schedule the following tasks:disk cleanup, Disk
> > defragmenter, and system file checker. When I go into the control panel and
> > select create basic task it tells me to name the task and give a brief
> > description so I do. Then i get to a section where it asks me to pick a
> > program and so I hit browse but all I saw were programs on my computer. How
> > do I find and select disc cleanup, disk defragmenter and system file checker
> > as a task? I am novice so please give mwe simple step by step instructions.
> > Any help would be aprreciated.
> > Kaja
> >

>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-24-2008
Robert Hankins
 

Posts: n/a
Re: task scheduler
In-between all the flames between Frisch and Murphy, no one replied to
Kaja's problem.
To run Disc cleanup and disc defrag; do this:
Start/Programs/Accessories/Syst Tools/Disc cleanup; likewise Defrag in same
list.
To run error check:
My computer/right click your HD/properties/Tools.
Check box for Error check also indicate 'fix errors. Restart your comp and
error check will run; takes 30-40mintes; be patient.
Bob H.

"Kaja" <Kaja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:AA1434B9-0649-4FF4-B9F5-F39AF5D5CBD1@microsoft.com...
> Hi, hope someone can help me on this Running Windows Vista Home Premium as
> my
> OS I am trying to schedule the following tasks:disk cleanup, Disk
> defragmenter, and system file checker. When I go into the control panel
> and
> select create basic task it tells me to name the task and give a brief
> description so I do. Then i get to a section where it asks me to pick a
> program and so I hit browse but all I saw were programs on my computer.
> How
> do I find and select disc cleanup, disk defragmenter and system file
> checker
> as a task? I am novice so please give mwe simple step by step
> instructions.
> Any help would be aprreciated.
> Kaja



Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-24-2008
Kaja
 

Posts: n/a
Re: task scheduler
Ok between all the flames the question was misunderstood. Let me make it
cleare. I know how to maintain Vista manually with scandisc, etc. What I
want to do is schudele it as a task and schedule defrag and error checker.
When I click create basic task and browse I see a list of programs but not
scandisk, defrag or error checking. How do I find those and schedule them as
tasks?
Kaja

"Robert Hankins" wrote:

> In-between all the flames between Frisch and Murphy, no one replied to
> Kaja's problem.
> To run Disc cleanup and disc defrag; do this:
> Start/Programs/Accessories/Syst Tools/Disc cleanup; likewise Defrag in same
> list.
> To run error check:
> My computer/right click your HD/properties/Tools.
> Check box for Error check also indicate 'fix errors. Restart your comp and
> error check will run; takes 30-40mintes; be patient.
> Bob H.
>
> "Kaja" <Kaja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:AA1434B9-0649-4FF4-B9F5-F39AF5D5CBD1@microsoft.com...
> > Hi, hope someone can help me on this Running Windows Vista Home Premium as
> > my
> > OS I am trying to schedule the following tasks:disk cleanup, Disk
> > defragmenter, and system file checker. When I go into the control panel
> > and
> > select create basic task it tells me to name the task and give a brief
> > description so I do. Then i get to a section where it asks me to pick a
> > program and so I hit browse but all I saw were programs on my computer.
> > How
> > do I find and select disc cleanup, disk defragmenter and system file
> > checker
> > as a task? I am novice so please give mwe simple step by step
> > instructions.
> > Any help would be aprreciated.
> > Kaja

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-24-2008
Nonny
 

Posts: n/a
Re: task scheduler
On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 15:01:06 -0700, Kaja
<Kaja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Ok between all the flames the question was misunderstood. Let me make it
>cleare. I know how to maintain Vista manually with scandisc, etc. What I
>want to do is schudele it as a task and schedule defrag and error checker.
>When I click create basic task and browse I see a list of programs but not
>scandisk, defrag or error checking. How do I find those and schedule them as
>tasks?


You can ONLY schedule defragging. In the "start search" box, type
DEFRAG and look for the option to set the schedule.

The other - it's not "scandisk", it's CHKDSK - has to be run after a
restart.

>Kaja
>
>"Robert Hankins" wrote:
>
>> In-between all the flames between Frisch and Murphy, no one replied to
>> Kaja's problem.
>> To run Disc cleanup and disc defrag; do this:
>> Start/Programs/Accessories/Syst Tools/Disc cleanup; likewise Defrag in same
>> list.
>> To run error check:
>> My computer/right click your HD/properties/Tools.
>> Check box for Error check also indicate 'fix errors. Restart your comp and
>> error check will run; takes 30-40mintes; be patient.
>> Bob H.
>>
>> "Kaja" <Kaja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:AA1434B9-0649-4FF4-B9F5-F39AF5D5CBD1@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi, hope someone can help me on this Running Windows Vista Home Premium as
>> > my
>> > OS I am trying to schedule the following tasks:disk cleanup, Disk
>> > defragmenter, and system file checker. When I go into the control panel
>> > and
>> > select create basic task it tells me to name the task and give a brief
>> > description so I do. Then i get to a section where it asks me to pick a
>> > program and so I hit browse but all I saw were programs on my computer.
>> > How
>> > do I find and select disc cleanup, disk defragmenter and system file
>> > checker
>> > as a task? I am novice so please give mwe simple step by step
>> > instructions.
>> > Any help would be aprreciated.
>> > Kaja

>>
>>
>>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Schedule a task with Vista task Scheduler wakes up computer and mo Michele microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 06-05-2008 10:26
Re: Task scheduler returns an error : the task image is corrupt ortamp Yacci microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 1 05-03-2008 15:02
Article ID: 929463 The Task Scheduler does not wake the computer to run a scheduled task in Windows Vista KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
task scheduler doesn't start delayed task wuschba microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 7 07-26-2007 09:06
Task Scheduler: Repeat Task and Duration kirsch59 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 6 07-11-2007 22:01




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:23.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120