Hard Drive Recovery Software Experts

RoadRunner_69

Hard Drive Recovery Software Experts

I'm Looking for the Best Hard Drive Recovery software there is out
there, Top of the line.

What software does the FBI use to recover data???

Is it available for the end user?

With all the programs out there its hard to find the best one.

I wish to Buy one.

I've been looking at:

"R Studio Data Recovery"
http://www.r-tt.com/?RobHa000
http://www.hddrecovery.com.au

And "Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery"
http://www.stellarinfo.com/partition-recovery.htm

I have not downloaded the demo yet, I wish to be well informed before
I Buy one.

Price does not mater if the program works Good. As in the best there
is out there. But at the same time I do not wish to buy any more then
one program. If it works then good, if not well then my data is gone.
I will have to just live with it and move on.

(Yes I make sure I have a real good back up now)

Yes, I know about the Pro's that recover data but I'm not paying that
high price the data is not that important.

What software do you use??

I Have two computers, one with Vista Ultimate 32 Bit and one XP Pro 32
bit.

Thanks you all !!
DL

Re: Hard Drive Recovery Software Experts
If the data is that important to you send the disk to a proffessional
recovery company
No recovery no charge
Software recovery isnt going to work if the drive failed

"RoadRunner_69" <No_One_Here@Home.com> wrote in message
> Hard Drive Recovery Software Experts
>
> I'm Looking for the Best Hard Drive Recovery software there is out
> there, Top of the line.
>
> What software does the FBI use to recover data???
>
> Is it available for the end user?
>
> With all the programs out there its hard to find the best one.
>
> I wish to Buy one.
>
> I've been looking at:
>
> "R Studio Data Recovery"
> http://www.r-tt.com/?RobHa000
> http://www.hddrecovery.com.au
>

> And "Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery"
> http://www.stellarinfo.com/partition-recovery.htm
>
> I have not downloaded the demo yet, I wish to be well informed before
> I Buy one.
>

> Price does not mater if the program works Good. As in the best there
> is out there. But at the same time I do not wish to buy any more then
> one program. If it works then good, if not well then my data is gone.
> I will have to just live with it and move on.
>
> (Yes I make sure I have a real good back up now)
>
> Yes, I know about the Pro's that recover data but I'm not paying that
> high price the data is not that important.
>
> What software do you use??
>

> I Have two computers, one with Vista Ultimate 32 Bit and one XP Pro 32
> bit.
>
> Thanks you all !!

Mick Murphy

Re: Hard Drive Recovery Software Experts
More info on the state of your HD would be helpful!

http://www.knoppix.net/

Make a bootable Live CD from the above to recover Data from a failed windows
drive.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"DL" wrote:

> If the data is that important to you send the disk to a proffessional
> recovery company
> No recovery no charge
> Software recovery isnt going to work if the drive failed
>
> "RoadRunner_69" <No_One_Here@Home.com> wrote in message
> > Hard Drive Recovery Software Experts
> >
> > I'm Looking for the Best Hard Drive Recovery software there is out
> > there, Top of the line.
> >
> > What software does the FBI use to recover data???
> >
> > Is it available for the end user?
> >
> > With all the programs out there its hard to find the best one.
> >
> > I wish to Buy one.
> >
> > I've been looking at:
> >
> > "R Studio Data Recovery"
> > http://www.r-tt.com/?RobHa000
> > http://www.hddrecovery.com.au
> >

> > And "Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery"
> > http://www.stellarinfo.com/partition-recovery.htm
> >
> > I have not downloaded the demo yet, I wish to be well informed before
> > I Buy one.
> >

> > Price does not mater if the program works Good. As in the best there
> > is out there. But at the same time I do not wish to buy any more then
> > one program. If it works then good, if not well then my data is gone.
> > I will have to just live with it and move on.
> >
> > (Yes I make sure I have a real good back up now)
> >
> > Yes, I know about the Pro's that recover data but I'm not paying that
> > high price the data is not that important.
> >
> > What software do you use??
> >

> > I Have two computers, one with Vista Ultimate 32 Bit and one XP Pro 32
> > bit.
> >
> > Thanks you all !!

RoadRunner_69

Re: Hard Drive Recovery Software Experts
Sorry, have about 3 hard drives that windows can not read. That's why
I was looking for One Program only.

I have not had the drives plugged in for some time know, one of the
drives that has data on it windows tell me it has to be formatted
which is BS it is/ was formatted. the rest just will not read any info
on the disk.

I have downloaded that Knoppix before, some time ago, I'm
lost...that's not a hard drive recovery program on there at all that I
have found, can not find any FAQ's on it also. One drive spins up but
BIOS does not even see it, that why I'm looking for the top of the
line software. If it works cool if not oooo well...

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:09:03 -0700, Mick Murphy
<MickMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>More info on the state of your HD would be helpful!
>
>http://www.knoppix.net/
>
>Make a bootable Live CD from the above to recover Data from a failed windows
>drive.

Nonny

Re: Hard Drive Recovery Software Experts
On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 20:43:44 -0700, RoadRunner_69
<No_One_Here@Home.com> wrote:

>Sorry, have about 3 hard drives that windows can not read. That's why
>I was looking for One Program only.
>
>I have not had the drives plugged in for some time know, one of the
>drives that has data on it windows tell me it has to be formatted
>which is BS it is/ was formatted. the rest just will not read any info
>on the disk.
>
>I have downloaded that Knoppix before, some time ago, I'm
>lost...that's not a hard drive recovery program on there at all that I
>have found, can not find any FAQ's on it also. One drive spins up but
>BIOS does not even see it, that why I'm looking for the top of the
>line software. If it works cool if not oooo well...

You need to spend a lot of time Googling. You'll not get much here.

>On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:09:03 -0700, Mick Murphy
><MickMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>More info on the state of your HD would be helpful!
>>
>>http://www.knoppix.net/
>>
>>Make a bootable Live CD from the above to recover Data from a failed windows
>>drive.

Mick Murphy

Re: Hard Drive Recovery Software Experts
If you install a failed Drive into a computer(slave or master, it does not
matter), and set your boot Order to be DVD/CD Drive 1st; then boot from the
Knoppix Live CD, it will read the DATA on it, even from a dead Drive, but
NOT destroyed drive.

The Live CD does NOT install on your Hard Drive, but uses your RAM and
Graphics.
You can copy Data to a flash Drive, after you have removed the Read Only
permissions from the FD.

And take NO notice of that idiot NONNY that hangs out in these Newsgroups.
I suppose you would call him a very, very sick GROUPIE, lol.

--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"RoadRunner_69" wrote:

> Sorry, have about 3 hard drives that windows can not read. That's why
> I was looking for One Program only.
>
> I have not had the drives plugged in for some time know, one of the
> drives that has data on it windows tell me it has to be formatted
> which is BS it is/ was formatted. the rest just will not read any info
> on the disk.
>
> I have downloaded that Knoppix before, some time ago, I'm
> lost...that's not a hard drive recovery program on there at all that I
> have found, can not find any FAQ's on it also. One drive spins up but
> BIOS does not even see it, that why I'm looking for the top of the
> line software. If it works cool if not oooo well...
>

> On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:09:03 -0700, Mick Murphy
> <MickMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >More info on the state of your HD would be helpful!
> >
> >http://www.knoppix.net/
> >
> >Make a bootable Live CD from the above to recover Data from a failed windows
> >drive.

Malke

RoadRunner_69 wrote:

> Sorry, have about 3 hard drives that windows can not read. That's why
> I was looking for One Program only.
>
> I have not had the drives plugged in for some time know, one of the
> drives that has data on it windows tell me it has to be formatted
> which is BS it is/ was formatted. the rest just will not read any info
> on the disk.
>
> I have downloaded that Knoppix before, some time ago, I'm
> lost...that's not a hard drive recovery program on there at all that I
> have found, can not find any FAQ's on it also. One drive spins up but
> BIOS does not even see it, that why I'm looking for the top of the
> line software. If it works cool if not oooo well...

If the BIOS doesn't see the drive or it is otherwise physically damaged
(clicking, won't spin up, etc.), it has failed. No locally-run data
recovery software will do the job. If the data is important, send the drive
to a professional data recovery company such as Drive Savers (my
preference). Yes, doing that is quite expensive but some insurance will
cover the recovery service. If sending the drive out isn't feasible, smash
it with a sledge hammer before discarding.

If a hard drive is physically sound then I use Ontrack's Easy Recovery Pro.
It is expensive but works very well. I've also been impressed with
R-Studio.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Mark H

Re: Hard Drive Recovery Software Experts
As Mick pointed out, install the drives as slaves. Initially boot into safe
mode and turn off System Restore to these drives and set Recycle Bin to 0%
or off.
At that point, there are various programs, including free ones, that will
allow you to look at all areas of a drive to allow recovery. Problem is it
can become a phenomenal task piecing files back together. Fortunately, you
have removed them from service and these programs make good guesses, but
some files can be extremely difficult and tedious. (Hence, the high charges
by professionals.) Some of these programs can even read the various magnetic
states on the drive and allow partial recovery of files after formatting the
drive, deletion of files and yes, even overwriting of file space. (Hence,
professional wipe programs.)

An example is Handy Recovery:
http://www.handyrecovery.com/
This will not perform the last item mentioned above as that is only
available to a few and requires specialized training.

I'm also not sure what you consider "high priced", but some companies charge
a flat fee. (e.g. http://www.aerodr.com/services.asp) And, charge nothing if
the file(s) are not recovered.

"RoadRunner_69" <No_One_Here@Home.com> wrote in message
newsm9d84l9l8a0r9la4hv6fgnqs2ahllccig@4ax.com...
> Sorry, have about 3 hard drives that windows can not read. That's why
> I was looking for One Program only.
>
> I have not had the drives plugged in for some time know, one of the
> drives that has data on it windows tell me it has to be formatted
> which is BS it is/ was formatted. the rest just will not read any info
> on the disk.
>
> I have downloaded that Knoppix before, some time ago, I'm
> lost...that's not a hard drive recovery program on there at all that I
> have found, can not find any FAQ's on it also. One drive spins up but
> BIOS does not even see it, that why I'm looking for the top of the
> line software. If it works cool if not oooo well...
>

> On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:09:03 -0700, Mick Murphy
> <MickMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >More info on the state of your HD would be helpful!
> >
> >http://www.knoppix.net/
> >
> >Make a bootable Live CD from the above to recover Data from a failed

windows
> >drive.

Phillips

Re: Hard Drive Recovery Software Experts
Looks more like a hardware issue for the drives that are not recognized in
BIOS - might be cable, connector, controller, platter issues. Best is go to
a PC shop to have them checked.

If you are a DYI guy, see these:
http://www.overclockers.com/tips1035/

http://static.scribd.com/docs/eq0vd1bzw26aw.pdf