Phone call from Dell

Pat Mac

Phone call from Dell
I had a call today from Dell warranty support and they told me that my XPS
410 has an incomplete version of Vista. Supposedly Dell was told by
Microsoft that Vista was ready so they used it on the new computers they
shipped out. Dell said to be patient, that there is a patch being put out
by Microsoft the beginning of next month. This patch is supposed to fix the
drivers and improve the internet connections (some pages loading very
slowly). Is anyone aware of this "patch"? I don't know if this was a pitch
to sell me the extended warranty. I've had a Dell computer before and never
had a problem, but the way the representative talked today it looks like I
may be in for some major problems with this computer in the future..

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

RE: Phone call from Dell
Hello,
I am not sure what type of update they are referring to.
I am checking on what this is. Did they leave a name and number or email?
If so can you forward that on to me?
use my email address that I post with, however remove the online from the
email address.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

--------------------
|>From: "Pat Mac" <pmacgregor88nospam@hotmail.com>
|>Subject: Phone call from Dell
|>Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 16:45:05 -0400
|>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance
|>
|>I had a call today from Dell warranty support and they told me that my
XPS
|>410 has an incomplete version of Vista. Supposedly Dell was told by
|>Microsoft that Vista was ready so they used it on the new computers they
|>shipped out. Dell said to be patient, that there is a patch being put
out
|>by Microsoft the beginning of next month. This patch is supposed to fix
the
|>drivers and improve the internet connections (some pages loading very
|>slowly). Is anyone aware of this "patch"? I don't know if this was a
pitch
|>to sell me the extended warranty. I've had a Dell computer before and
never
|>had a problem, but the way the representative talked today it looks like
|>may be in for some major problems with this computer in the future..

Rick Rogers

Re: Phone call from Dell
Hopefully they did not ask for a credit card# or any personal information to
"confirm your identity" or "confirm your purchase". If so, you may have just
been scammed.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Pat Mac" <pmacgregor88nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I had a call today from Dell warranty support and they told me that my XPS
>410 has an incomplete version of Vista. Supposedly Dell was told by
>Microsoft that Vista was ready so they used it on the new computers they
>shipped out. Dell said to be patient, that there is a patch being put out
>by Microsoft the beginning of next month. This patch is supposed to fix
>the drivers and improve the internet connections (some pages loading very
>slowly). Is anyone aware of this "patch"? I don't know if this was a pitch
>to sell me the extended warranty. I've had a Dell computer before and
>never had a problem, but the way the representative talked today it looks
>like I may be in for some major problems with this computer in the future..

246872 Jim McCree

Re: Phone call from Dell
I work for Dell at a Kiosk and they have not told us anything of the
sort....Were running 410's with no issue's at all....

Jim

> Hopefully they did not ask for a credit card# or any personal information
> to "confirm your identity" or "confirm your purchase". If so, you may have
> just been scammed.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Pat Mac" <pmacgregor88nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I had a call today from Dell warranty support and they told me that my XPS
>>410 has an incomplete version of Vista. Supposedly Dell was told by
>>Microsoft that Vista was ready so they used it on the new computers they
>>shipped out. Dell said to be patient, that there is a patch being put out
>>by Microsoft the beginning of next month. This patch is supposed to fix
>>the drivers and improve the internet connections (some pages loading very
>>slowly). Is anyone aware of this "patch"? I don't know if this was a
>>pitch to sell me the extended warranty. I've had a Dell computer before
>>and never had a problem, but the way the representative talked today it
>>looks like I may be in for some major problems with this computer in the
>>future..

> ---
> Virus Database (VPS): 000727-1, 03/23/2007
> Tested on: 3/24/2007 7:37:43 AM

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000727-1, 03/23/2007
Tested on: 3/24/2007 7:39:12 AM