Windows Vista stopped booting after installing partition commander

=?Utf-8?B?dmlzdGFyb2Nrcw==?=

Windows Vista stopped booting after installing partition commander
Okay, I installed VCOM Partition Commander on my Windows Vista Ultimate my
Windows Vista dual-boot (Windows XP Professional & Windows Vista Ultimate)
After rebooting partition commander came up and gave me two choices a (my
hard drive) and b (my floppy drive) so I clicked a. Then Windows Boot Manager
came up normally I pressed Windows Vista Ultimate. Next the boot screen came
up... then the computer restarts. So I try again and the next time I try all
the safe modes, and last good known configuration. But still Windows Vista
doesn’t boot up. So what I try is putting my Windows Vista DVD in the drive.
I decided I would install Windows Vista again but the partition doesn’t have
enough free space so I install a new Windows Vista on another partition. The
setup does its thing and reboots. I fill out all the information, next I go
to Windows Explorer to free some space up. But my partition isn’t there I can
see my Windows XP partition but not my old windows vista partition. Next I go
into Disk Management I’m surprised because Disk Management sees 3 partitions.
But it seems like my old Windows Vista partition doesn’t have a letter and I
can’t do anything to it using Disk Management I can only erase it. Also it
says all of it is empty when it’s not. Also in Windows Vista DVD it says that
the partition has only 600 MB left??? Also I can access through Command
Prompt and the command Diskpart but when I try to assign it a letter it says
you have not selected a volume when I have selected its partition.

Sorry for all these words!
vistarocks when its not broken
Rick Rogers

Re: Windows Vista stopped booting after installing partition commander
Hi,

Sounds like Partition Commander munged the partition table. Have you
contacted their support yet? The misreporting of drive space is directly
related to this, hopefully they can tell you how to repair the damage their
product did.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/