Aero stopped working on my Vista Home Premium Dell

=?Utf-8?B?TWFkIE1vdXNl?=

Aero stopped working on my Vista Home Premium Dell
Somewhere in the past 2 weeks, Aero stopped working for me. I have tried the
troubleshooters to no avail, and spent 3 hours on the phone with Dell and
still no luck.

When I try to turn Aero back on I go to Window Color and Appearance and it
shows it set to "Vista Basic" when I change it to "Vista Aero", and apply and
O.K., the screen does a little shimmy but the features are still not
operating and when I go back to the appearance it is back to "Vista Basic".
The Themes is set to Vista and the refresh rate is at 60 hrtz. Any ideas
would be greatly appreciated as I am at a loss.

My performance rating is at 3.2, but I couldn't find that in Perormance and
tools as the window right pane had no operable functions and all it shows is
a line saying that it was last rated on 2/25/07.

Travis

Re: Aero stopped working on my Vista Home Premium Dell
"Mad Mouse" <Mad Mouse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Somewhere in the past 2 weeks, Aero stopped working for me. I have
> tried the
> troubleshooters to no avail, and spent 3 hours on the phone with Dell
> and
> still no luck.
>
> When I try to turn Aero back on I go to Window Color and Appearance
> and it
> shows it set to "Vista Basic" when I change it to "Vista Aero", and
> apply and
> O.K., the screen does a little shimmy but the features are still not
> operating and when I go back to the appearance it is back to "Vista
> Basic".
> The Themes is set to Vista and the refresh rate is at 60 hrtz. Any
> ideas
> would be greatly appreciated as I am at a loss.
>
> My performance rating is at 3.2, but I couldn't find that in
> Perormance and
> tools as the window right pane had no operable functions and all it
> shows is
> a line saying that it was last rated on 2/25/07.

Some programs revert Aero to Basic. In my case it is Logictech Harmony
Remote V5. If I close it my PC reverts back to Aero.

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington

Dan

Re: Aero stopped working on my Vista Home Premium Dell
Check to make sure you are still in 32 bit color. If for some reason your
system has changed to 16 bit you will lose AERO.

"Mad Mouse" <Mad Mouse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Somewhere in the past 2 weeks, Aero stopped working for me. I have tried
> the
> troubleshooters to no avail, and spent 3 hours on the phone with Dell and
> still no luck.
>
> When I try to turn Aero back on I go to Window Color and Appearance and it
> shows it set to "Vista Basic" when I change it to "Vista Aero", and apply
> and
> O.K., the screen does a little shimmy but the features are still not
> operating and when I go back to the appearance it is back to "Vista
> Basic".
> The Themes is set to Vista and the refresh rate is at 60 hrtz. Any ideas
> would be greatly appreciated as I am at a loss.
>
> My performance rating is at 3.2, but I couldn't find that in Perormance
> and
> tools as the window right pane had no operable functions and all it shows
> is
> a line saying that it was last rated on 2/25/07.

=?Utf-8?B?TWFkIE1vdXNl?=

Re: Aero stopped working on my Vista Home Premium Dell
Thanks Travis, That did the trick!

"Travis" wrote:

> "Mad Mouse" <Mad Mouse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Somewhere in the past 2 weeks, Aero stopped working for me. I have
> > tried the
> > troubleshooters to no avail, and spent 3 hours on the phone with Dell
> > and
> > still no luck.
> >
> > When I try to turn Aero back on I go to Window Color and Appearance
> > and it
> > shows it set to "Vista Basic" when I change it to "Vista Aero", and
> > apply and
> > O.K., the screen does a little shimmy but the features are still not
> > operating and when I go back to the appearance it is back to "Vista
> > Basic".
> > The Themes is set to Vista and the refresh rate is at 60 hrtz. Any
> > ideas
> > would be greatly appreciated as I am at a loss.
> >
> > My performance rating is at 3.2, but I couldn't find that in
> > Perormance and
> > tools as the window right pane had no operable functions and all it
> > shows is
> > a line saying that it was last rated on 2/25/07.
> >

> Some programs revert Aero to Basic. In my case it is Logictech Harmony
> Remote V5. If I close it my PC reverts back to Aero.
>
> --
> Travis in Shoreline Washington

caseyphoenix

Re: Aero stopped working on my Vista Home Premium Dell

mine too... i tried many times to change the theme to windows aero but
still goes back to windows vista... anyone help... thanks...

--
caseyphoenix
Donald

Re: Aero stopped working on my Vista Home Premium Dell
You can check the following page about the system requirements and settings
required for Aero. Then you can update the performance score of your vista
machine according to the instructions to get Aero activated if not yet.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...033.mspx#E1DAC

You can see some troubleshooting tips of aero on this page.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945000

Best of luck.