Restoring Files from .Old Folder.

=?Utf-8?B?Z2dtXzU0?=

Restoring Files from .Old Folder.
I removed an incompatible anti-virus program from my Vista. Upon restarting
the computer, it would not fully reboot. I would get a taskbar, and a blue
screen. When I moved the pointer into the taskbar area, I received a
"working" indication. I performed a Vista reinstall, which corrected the
boot problem. How do I reatore my original programs/data from the
Windows.old file? Please help..
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Restoring Files from .Old Folder.
You can easily restore the data files from the windows.old file by copying
the files to the new installation folders.

The programs will need to be reinstalled using the same media/files that you
originally used to install the programs.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"ggm_54" <ggm_54@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I removed an incompatible anti-virus program from my Vista. Upon
>restarting
> the computer, it would not fully reboot. I would get a taskbar, and a
> blue
> screen. When I moved the pointer into the taskbar area, I received a
> "working" indication. I performed a Vista reinstall, which corrected the
> boot problem. How do I reatore my original programs/data from the
> Windows.old file? Please help..

=?Utf-8?B?Z2dtXzU0?=

Re: Restoring Files from .Old Folder.
Ronnie,
Thanks for your help, very much appreciated!

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> You can easily restore the data files from the windows.old file by copying
> the files to the new installation folders.
>
> The programs will need to be reinstalled using the same media/files that you
> originally used to install the programs.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "ggm_54" <ggm_54@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I removed an incompatible anti-virus program from my Vista. Upon
> >restarting
> > the computer, it would not fully reboot. I would get a taskbar, and a
> > blue
> > screen. When I moved the pointer into the taskbar area, I received a
> > "working" indication. I performed a Vista reinstall, which corrected the
> > boot problem. How do I reatore my original programs/data from the
> > Windows.old file? Please help..

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Restoring Files from .Old Folder.
Your very welcome. Let us know if you need anything else.

--

news9E16129-E722-47FF-91A4-9FDCFAA21360@microsoft.com...