high system CPU on boottime

Martijn van Schie

high system CPU on boottime
Since a week or two i have problems during boot time on Vista.
When i get to the logon screen my HD is still higly active. This has been
normal for me, but it keeps on going for more then 2 minutes.

When i logon it keeps on going, and using task manager i see that system is
taking a average of 80% processortime.
Resource monitor doesn't give me any additional information, and services
like symantec anti-virus en searchindexer are the services using HD
read/writes (normal i think)
If i'm patient and wait for the system process to "cool down", i get to a
point were my mouse stops working and my screen goed black. Caps Lock is
still working but this is the end of my session and i have to force a
shutdown.

If i reboot, is usually happens another time and then the third time the
system runs normal again.
I i shutdown during the high system CPU vista does not shut down, and hangs
on the shutdown screen.

I have SP1 installed, but only since a vew weeks. Ik can't remeber if this
issue started after the installation of SP1.

Does anybody recognize this issue??

Regards,
Martijn.

f/fgeorge

Re: high system CPU on boottime
On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 09:21:58 +0200, "Martijn van Schie"
<mvanschie@newsgroup.nospam> wrote:

>Since a week or two i have problems during boot time on Vista.
>When i get to the logon screen my HD is still higly active. This has been
>normal for me, but it keeps on going for more then 2 minutes.
>
>When i logon it keeps on going, and using task manager i see that system is
>taking a average of 80% processortime.
>Resource monitor doesn't give me any additional information, and services
>like symantec anti-virus en searchindexer are the services using HD
>read/writes (normal i think)
>If i'm patient and wait for the system process to "cool down", i get to a
>point were my mouse stops working and my screen goed black. Caps Lock is
>still working but this is the end of my session and i have to force a
>shutdown.
>
>If i reboot, is usually happens another time and then the third time the
>system runs normal again.
>I i shutdown during the high system CPU vista does not shut down, and hangs
>on the shutdown screen.
>
>I have SP1 installed, but only since a vew weeks. Ik can't remeber if this
>issue started after the installation of SP1.
>
>Does anybody recognize this issue??
>
>Regards,
>Martijn.

Check you startup programs and see if you have virus checking going
on, most do. Also check to see if drive indexing is turned on, if so
turn it off and some of this may stop.
Martijn van Schie

Re: high system CPU on boottime
I checked this already. Also ran several system scans with virus scanner.

I did a kernrate scan while this occures and find NTKRNLPA and intelppn
taking all the cpu (70%/30%).

"f/fgeorge" <ffgeorge@yourplace.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 09:21:58 +0200, "Martijn van Schie"
> <mvanschie@newsgroup.nospam> wrote:
>
>>Since a week or two i have problems during boot time on Vista.
>>When i get to the logon screen my HD is still higly active. This has been
>>normal for me, but it keeps on going for more then 2 minutes.
>>
>>When i logon it keeps on going, and using task manager i see that system
>>is
>>taking a average of 80% processortime.
>>Resource monitor doesn't give me any additional information, and services
>>like symantec anti-virus en searchindexer are the services using HD
>>read/writes (normal i think)
>>If i'm patient and wait for the system process to "cool down", i get to a
>>point were my mouse stops working and my screen goed black. Caps Lock is
>>still working but this is the end of my session and i have to force a
>>shutdown.
>>
>>If i reboot, is usually happens another time and then the third time the
>>system runs normal again.
>>I i shutdown during the high system CPU vista does not shut down, and
>>hangs
>>on the shutdown screen.
>>
>>I have SP1 installed, but only since a vew weeks. Ik can't remeber if this
>>issue started after the installation of SP1.
>>
>>Does anybody recognize this issue??
>>
>>Regards,
>>Martijn.

> Check you startup programs and see if you have virus checking going
> on, most do. Also check to see if drive indexing is turned on, if so
> turn it off and some of this may stop.

Martijn van Schie

Re: high system CPU on boottime
I'm now suspecting my WLAN.
When i have this issue i have my wireless enabled. My network connection
icon shows a red cross.
When i disable my WLAN and reboot, it seams to work, and then when i switch
on my wireless it also works.

I heared more ppl having problems with wlan, but there are no new drivers
for my device.
I have a Dell Latitude D820.