Recovery Partition

Altiar

Recovery Partition
A friend of mine formatted my laptop (Toshiba Satellite-windows vista
premium) and he deleted my 1.5GB recovery partition....
is there any way to retrieve this partition???
Nonny

Re: Recovery Partition
Altiar <Altiar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>A friend of mine formatted my laptop (Toshiba Satellite-windows vista
>premium) and he deleted my 1.5GB recovery partition....
>is there any way to retrieve this partition???

Not without handing your computer over to professional recovery people
and spending a fortune (literally).

You will have to see if you can get recovery media from Toshiba. Mine
came with such.
DL

Re: Recovery Partition
Possibly with third party tools, if you havent used your laptop since this
happened

"Altiar" <Altiar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>A friend of mine formatted my laptop (Toshiba Satellite-windows vista
> premium) and he deleted my 1.5GB recovery partition....
> is there any way to retrieve this partition???

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Recovery Partition
"Altiar" <Altiar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>A friend of mine formatted my laptop (Toshiba Satellite-windows vista
> premium) and he deleted my 1.5GB recovery partition....
> is there any way to retrieve this partition???

Try this.. you have to buy it as the demo version only shows that it can be
done..

http://www.partition-recovery.com/

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

Victek

Re: Recovery Partition
> A friend of mine formatted my laptop (Toshiba Satellite-windows vista
> premium) and he deleted my 1.5GB recovery partition....
> is there any way to retrieve this partition???

If you have recovery CD's from Toshiba then you really haven't lost
anything. If you don't have the CD's call Toshiba and have them send you a
set.

Jay Moore

Re: Recovery Partition
Generally when someone deletes a partition and format the drive...depending
on how they do it the partition data is either still there or it's been
overwritten. There's no real way of telling unless you knew on what sectors
the original partition existed on and could recreate a new table..but you
run the risk of if it sat at the beginning of the drive, the repartitioning
has already overwritten it.

If you burned the CD's, you're fine. Honestly...I don't see where a
tech-savvy person needs it. The recovery just restores your system to
factory-new like conditions....If you know how to install windows and can
obtain all the drivers you need (which i've yet to find a laptop manf that
didn't have drivers for download) then, there's really no reason to use
recovery..you're getting a better install of windows doing something fresh
rather than dealing with the OEM installed stuff....
"Altiar" <Altiar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>A friend of mine formatted my laptop (Toshiba Satellite-windows vista
> premium) and he deleted my 1.5GB recovery partition....
> is there any way to retrieve this partition???

Altiar

Re: Recovery Partition
yea i guess your 100% right...thx!

"Jay Moore" wrote:

> Generally when someone deletes a partition and format the drive...depending
> on how they do it the partition data is either still there or it's been
> overwritten. There's no real way of telling unless you knew on what sectors
> the original partition existed on and could recreate a new table..but you
> run the risk of if it sat at the beginning of the drive, the repartitioning
> has already overwritten it.
>
> If you burned the CD's, you're fine. Honestly...I don't see where a
> tech-savvy person needs it. The recovery just restores your system to
> factory-new like conditions....If you know how to install windows and can
> obtain all the drivers you need (which i've yet to find a laptop manf that
> didn't have drivers for download) then, there's really no reason to use
> recovery..you're getting a better install of windows doing something fresh
> rather than dealing with the OEM installed stuff....
> "Altiar" <Altiar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >A friend of mine formatted my laptop (Toshiba Satellite-windows vista
> > premium) and he deleted my 1.5GB recovery partition....
> > is there any way to retrieve this partition???

austingeek1

Re: Recovery Partition

Altiar;3824649 Wrote:
> A friend of mine formatted my laptop (Toshiba Satellite-windows vista
> premium) and he deleted my 1.5GB recovery partition....
> is there any way to retrieve this partition???

Last month my partition get corrupted.I have used a Stellar Windows
data recovery software to recover my lost data. This software recover
formatted hard drives even after reinstalling operating system.It
provides complete 'data recovery' (http://www.stellarinfo.com/)
solution. Download the software from the site
http://www.stellarinfo.com/partition-recovery.htm

--
austingeek1
austingeek1's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?u=52845