Vista - problems with scrolling and opening/closing things

=?Utf-8?B?ZXJpYw==?=

Vista - problems with scrolling and opening/closing things
if anyone has any advice please share.

when i try to scroll down using the scroll sliders to the right of the
boxes, the window invariably maximizes or minimizes. then, getting the
window to return to normal size is difficult, sometimes i have to click
several times at which point the window starts jumping back and forth.
further, when i select a text box in which i want to enter some text, the
window will jump again. i find myself having to chase things around the
screen. this is making browsing and expecially editing in Word' very tedious
and quite frankly, maddening. new computer, came w/ vista, well equipped, no
other problems. what's going on?
mikeyhsd

Re: Vista - problems with scrolling and opening/closing things
in some programs clicking on the BORDER activates the windows size change mechanism.

mikeyhsd@comcast.net

"eric" <eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:401D692C-E751-4AA7-B4E1-5C568783A107@microsoft.com...
if anyone has any advice please share.

when i try to scroll down using the scroll sliders to the right of the
boxes, the window invariably maximizes or minimizes. then, getting the
window to return to normal size is difficult, sometimes i have to click
several times at which point the window starts jumping back and forth.
further, when i select a text box in which i want to enter some text, the
window will jump again. i find myself having to chase things around the
screen. this is making browsing and expecially editing in Word' very tedious
and quite frankly, maddening. new computer, came w/ vista, well equipped, no
other problems. what's going on?
=?Utf-8?B?ZXJpYw==?=

Re: Vista - problems with scrolling and opening/closing things
thanks for the reply. I have played around with the mouse pointer settings
thinking that this was some sort of related problem. the fact is, the
computer shouldn't be acting this way. simply selecting a text field box
where one would usually type-in a user name/password causes the screen to
jump. double clicking on a file or a link again causes a jump (the screen
max/minimizes).

"mikeyhsd" wrote:

> in some programs clicking on the BORDER activates the windows size change mechanism.
>

> mikeyhsd@comcast.net
>

> "eric" <eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:401D692C-E751-4AA7-B4E1-5C568783A107@microsoft.com...
> if anyone has any advice please share.
>
> when i try to scroll down using the scroll sliders to the right of the
> boxes, the window invariably maximizes or minimizes. then, getting the
> window to return to normal size is difficult, sometimes i have to click
> several times at which point the window starts jumping back and forth.
> further, when i select a text box in which i want to enter some text, the
> window will jump again. i find myself having to chase things around the
> screen. this is making browsing and expecially editing in Word' very tedious
> and quite frankly, maddening. new computer, came w/ vista, well equipped, no
> other problems. what's going on?

=?Utf-8?B?Y2FuZGlfbHlu?=

Re: Vista - problems with scrolling and opening/closing things
I am having the same problem and it is very frustrating. I would be very
interested in any help also. Thanks.

"eric" wrote:

> thanks for the reply. I have played around with the mouse pointer settings
> thinking that this was some sort of related problem. the fact is, the
> computer shouldn't be acting this way. simply selecting a text field box
> where one would usually type-in a user name/password causes the screen to
> jump. double clicking on a file or a link again causes a jump (the screen
> max/minimizes).
>
> "mikeyhsd" wrote:
>
> > in some programs clicking on the BORDER activates the windows size change mechanism.
> >

> > mikeyhsd@comcast.net
> >

> > "eric" <eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:401D692C-E751-4AA7-B4E1-5C568783A107@microsoft.com...
> > if anyone has any advice please share.
> >
> > when i try to scroll down using the scroll sliders to the right of the
> > boxes, the window invariably maximizes or minimizes. then, getting the
> > window to return to normal size is difficult, sometimes i have to click
> > several times at which point the window starts jumping back and forth.
> > further, when i select a text box in which i want to enter some text, the
> > window will jump again. i find myself having to chase things around the
> > screen. this is making browsing and expecially editing in Word' very tedious
> > and quite frankly, maddening. new computer, came w/ vista, well equipped, no
> > other problems. what's going on?

=?Utf-8?B?ZXJpYw==?=

Re: Vista - problems with scrolling and opening/closing things
I fixed the problem. What i did was re-install Vista.

it was much easier than i thought it would be, and even though i hadn't made
a back-up, all my files appeared in the windows directory as windowsold, so i
didn't lose anything.

"candi_lyn" wrote:

> I am having the same problem and it is very frustrating. I would be very
> interested in any help also. Thanks.

SLH

Re: Vista - problems with scrolling and opening/closing things
Has anybody else found a solution to this isue other than a re-install? I
have a brand new laptop and it started this from the get go. Drives me crazy.
I certainly can do a re-install but it just shouldn't happen right off.

"eric" wrote:

> I fixed the problem. What i did was re-install Vista.
>
> it was much easier than i thought it would be, and even though i hadn't made
> a back-up, all my files appeared in the windows directory as windowsold, so i
> didn't lose anything.
>
> "candi_lyn" wrote:
>
> > I am having the same problem and it is very frustrating. I would be very
> > interested in any help also. Thanks.

auriane

"eric" wrote:

> if anyone has any advice please share.
>
> when i try to scroll down using the scroll sliders to the right of the
> boxes, the window invariably maximizes or minimizes. then, getting the
> window to return to normal size is difficult, sometimes i have to click
> several times at which point the window starts jumping back and forth.
> further, when i select a text box in which i want to enter some text, the
> window will jump again. i find myself having to chase things around the
> screen. this is making browsing and expecially editing in Word' very tedious
> and quite frankly, maddening. new computer, came w/ vista, well equipped, no
> other problems. what's going on?

SLH

RE: Vista - problems with scrolling and opening/closing things
Do you have a laptop? I eventually found out that the problem was related to
the pointing device software. It wasn't doing anything "wrong" it was the the
way my wife was using the click pad/ mouse pad. The software was set up to
have the pad do different things on each corner of it. So she would be
tapping away in different places and it would cause the screen size to change
and do all kinds of stuff. Once I got that software set to use the pad as
just a pad all the "problems" were solved.

"auriane" wrote:

> "eric" wrote:
>
> > if anyone has any advice please share.
> >
> > when i try to scroll down using the scroll sliders to the right of the
> > boxes, the window invariably maximizes or minimizes. then, getting the
> > window to return to normal size is difficult, sometimes i have to click
> > several times at which point the window starts jumping back and forth.
> > further, when i select a text box in which i want to enter some text, the
> > window will jump again. i find myself having to chase things around the
> > screen. this is making browsing and expecially editing in Word' very tedious
> > and quite frankly, maddening. new computer, came w/ vista, well equipped, no
> > other problems. what's going on?

Diane Rothaar

Re: Vista - problems with scrolling and opening/closing things
Did anhyone ever find the solution to this? There must for a flaw this big,
no? This is driving me crazy too - I can't scroll, clike, or do much of
anything without this happening constantly, whether in Word, IE, or any other
application that uses windows. (I am using Vista Home Premium on a laptop
also (pre-installed), but the pointer device works normally, so that's not
the issue.)