Recycle bin full

peter4

Recycle bin full
Help!!! My recycle bin is full!!! I didn't do it, I don't even know what
some of the stuff is. A ton of stuff was put in it on June 19 and I wasn't
even home then. In fact, there are a couple things in there that were in my
documents (lists of medications, etc.) that I know I didn't put in there.
Malke

Re: Recycle bin full
peter4 wrote:

> Help!!! My recycle bin is full!!! I didn't do it, I don't even know what
> some of the stuff is. A ton of stuff was put in it on June 19 and I
> wasn't
> even home then. In fact, there are a couple things in there that were in
> my documents (lists of medications, etc.) that I know I didn't put in
> there.

Simply select all of the things in the Recycle Bin and choose "restore".
They will all go back to where they should. And then you need to think
about who had access to your computer. This is not the sort of thing that
can magically happen all by itself.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

peter4

Re: Recycle bin full

"Malke" wrote:

> peter4 wrote:
>
> > Help!!! My recycle bin is full!!! I didn't do it, I don't even know what
> > some of the stuff is. A ton of stuff was put in it on June 19 and I
> > wasn't
> > even home then. In fact, there are a couple things in there that were in
> > my documents (lists of medications, etc.) that I know I didn't put in
> > there.

> Simply select all of the things in the Recycle Bin and choose "restore".
> They will all go back to where they should. And then you need to think
> about who had access to your computer. This is not the sort of thing that
> can magically happen all by itself.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
> FAQ - http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ

Thanx - but there are 2,936 things in there and they were all put there on
the same date almost at the same time!!!!
.. No one else has access to my computer. Should I restore them or just
permanently delete them?

Ralph

Re: Recycle bin full
That would depend on what they are.
It may be your temp files overflowed, or some other utility is at work.

I thought that would take a lot, but it's just a possibility.

I would also check your security, if you weren't home, both home and
computer.
Change your password, and the administrator. (but remember them!)

"peter4" <peter4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Malke" wrote:
>
>> peter4 wrote:
>>
>> > Help!!! My recycle bin is full!!! I didn't do it, I don't even know
>> > what
>> > some of the stuff is. A ton of stuff was put in it on June 19 and I
>> > wasn't
>> > even home then. In fact, there are a couple things in there that were
>> > in
>> > my documents (lists of medications, etc.) that I know I didn't put in
>> > there.

>> Simply select all of the things in the Recycle Bin and choose "restore".
>> They will all go back to where they should. And then you need to think
>> about who had access to your computer. This is not the sort of thing that
>> can magically happen all by itself.
>>
>> Malke
>> --
>> MS-MVP
>> Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
>> FAQ - http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ
>>

> Thanx - but there are 2,936 things in there and they were all put there on
> the same date almost at the same time!!!!
> . No one else has access to my computer. Should I restore them or just
> permanently delete them?

peter4

Re: Recycle bin full
Thanks - but I'm still confused and I think I'll have somebody look at this.
I am 99% sure no one else has used my computer and I don't really want to
restore all this stuff if I don't need to. Thank you all for the
suggestions. When I find out, I'll post again.