Missing volume bar

=?Utf-8?B?Y29hY2g1aW5idWZm?=

Missing volume bar
I just purchased a new computer with Vista on it and when I began using it as
I raised or lowered the volume a volume bar appeared that showed the relative
level of the volume. For no reason, when I adjust the volume the bar no
longer appears. I did not intentionally turn it off and would like it back
on. How do I get the volume bar to reappear?
Rick Rogers

Re: Missing volume bar
Hi,

Are you referring to one the appears on the screen as a series of bars? Or
the one that is sort of gray with a slider that appears vertically over the
sound icon in the taskbar? The former one is a function of the system that
may not appear if some other program has control over the screen
presentation (for instance, my laptop will show the bars if nothing else is
open, but if I'm running a remote desktop session the bars will not show
when the volume is adjusted).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"coach5inbuff" <coach5inbuff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just purchased a new computer with Vista on it and when I began using it
>as
> I raised or lowered the volume a volume bar appeared that showed the
> relative
> level of the volume. For no reason, when I adjust the volume the bar no
> longer appears. I did not intentionally turn it off and would like it
> back
> on. How do I get the volume bar to reappear?

=?Utf-8?B?SG93YXJkLnBhZ2VAY29tY2FzdC5uZXQ=?=

RE: Missing volume bar
I also want this on my laptop which is an HP Pavilion dv8315nr. I miss it. I
also don't want to have to pay $59.00 for a tech to tell me how to do it.
When I just bought two Hp's running microsoft products. There must be a
simple fix. Why wasn't it included? Howard Page,Seabrook NH

"coach5inbuff" wrote:

> I just purchased a new computer with Vista on it and when I began using it as
> I raised or lowered the volume a volume bar appeared that showed the relative
> level of the volume. For no reason, when I adjust the volume the bar no
> longer appears. I did not intentionally turn it off and would like it back
> on. How do I get the volume bar to reappear?

mikeyhsd

Re: Missing volume bar
are you trying to adjust the volume using a key on the keyboard or by clicking on the speaker icon in the tray.
if it is the keyboard then you need an updated driver from hp.

mikeyhsd@comcast.net

"coach5inbuff" wrote:

> I just purchased a new computer with Vista on it and when I began using it as
> I raised or lowered the volume a volume bar appeared that showed the relative
> level of the volume. For no reason, when I adjust the volume the bar no
> longer appears. I did not intentionally turn it off and would like it back
> on. How do I get the volume bar to reappear?

gonotebook

Re: Missing volume bar

Can someone please help because I am also having this problem? I love
the green/grey bar and hope to get it back.

--
gonotebook
Rickw

Re: Missing volume bar

I just bought a DV2915nr and would love to get rid of that gray bar that
pops up in the middle of the screen. I found something in the volume
settings that looked like it, but it didn't do the trick. When I went
back to it, it was gone completely. Does anyone know how to get rid of
that volume bar?

--
Rickw
Rickw

Re: Missing volume bar

I posted a request to learn how to get rid of that bar. What I found
below worked, and reversing it might get back the bar for people who
want it:

You donít have to uninstall any software to get rid of the on screen
Volume Display.

1. Click the Vista start icon, bottom left.
2. Type RUN in the Start Search box, ENTER.
3. Type MSCONFIG in the OPEN: area, Click OK.
4. Click on Continue if asked.
5. Select the StartUp Tab in the System Configuration menu.
6. Remove the checkmark from the HP Quicktouch On Screen Display item.
7. Click on OK and Restart if required. You are done.

Reverse above procedure to restore to original if desired.

--
Rickw
tranks

Re: Missing volume bar

Rickw;774435 Wrote:
> I posted a request to learn how to get rid of that bar. What I found
> below worked, and reversing it might get back the bar for people who
> want it:
>
> You donít have to uninstall any software to get rid of the on screen
> Volume Display.
>
> 1. Click the Vista start icon, bottom left.
> 2. Type RUN in the Start Search box, ENTER.
> 3. Type MSCONFIG in the OPEN: area, Click OK.
> 4. Click on Continue if asked.
> 5. Select the StartUp Tab in the System Configuration menu.
> 6. Remove the checkmark from the HP Quicktouch On Screen Display item.
> 7. Click on OK and Restart if required. You are done.
>
> Reverse above procedure to restore to original if desired.

this worked for me. i hated that gray/black volume display that pops up
in the middle of the screen and blocks everything i'm trying to view for
what seems like 10 mins. (really about 5-10 secs)

it was also pointless with the small gray/green bar that pops up in the
corner too. i like this one and doing the above steps did not effect it.

--
tranks