Cannot run check disk

Otyokwa

Cannot run check disk
I wanted to defrag my system files which can only be done during a reboot.
When I ran my software it said it failed to start and I needed run chkdsk
/f/r. I have tried many different ways to get check disk to run, none being
successful. These include running as administrator from the command line,
going to c>properties>check for errors, running check disk from tuneup 2008
software...nothing works. I contacted the ever-helpful folks at dell (I have
an inspiron 1525) who told me that check disk no longer works with vista.
Since I know this to be false, is there any way to get my check disk to work
properly?
Thank you
Otyokwa

RE: Cannot run check disk
I have read previous posts on this subject and none work. (running in safe
mode etc) When trying to run check disk at start up, a blue screen pops up
during bootup for a second and then windows restarts again. I am running
vista home premium sp 1.
Thank you

"Otyokwa" wrote:

> I wanted to defrag my system files which can only be done during a reboot.
> When I ran my software it said it failed to start and I needed run chkdsk
> /f/r. I have tried many different ways to get check disk to run, none being
> successful. These include running as administrator from the command line,
> going to c>properties>check for errors, running check disk from tuneup 2008
> software...nothing works. I contacted the ever-helpful folks at dell (I have
> an inspiron 1525) who told me that check disk no longer works with vista.
> Since I know this to be false, is there any way to get my check disk to work
> properly?
> Thank you

Mick Murphy

RE: Cannot run check disk
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...41f811033.mspx

Read the above link.
It is worded differently in Vista to do Disk Check.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Otyokwa" wrote:

> I have read previous posts on this subject and none work. (running in safe
> mode etc) When trying to run check disk at start up, a blue screen pops up
> during bootup for a second and then windows restarts again. I am running
> vista home premium sp 1.
> Thank you
>
> "Otyokwa" wrote:
>
> > I wanted to defrag my system files which can only be done during a reboot.
> > When I ran my software it said it failed to start and I needed run chkdsk
> > /f/r. I have tried many different ways to get check disk to run, none being
> > successful. These include running as administrator from the command line,
> > going to c>properties>check for errors, running check disk from tuneup 2008
> > software...nothing works. I contacted the ever-helpful folks at dell (I have
> > an inspiron 1525) who told me that check disk no longer works with vista.
> > Since I know this to be false, is there any way to get my check disk to work
> > properly?
> > Thank you

mek86

Re: Cannot run check disk