please can anyone help

plm1967

please can anyone help
When i delete files and pictures to my recycle bin, it never shows anything
in there but its thereb to empty it, how can i change settings to show files
that i put into bin.
Spirit

Re: please can anyone help
RIGHT CLICK on RECYCLE BIN - Properties
and UNCHECK Do not move deleted items to recycle bin.

"plm1967" <plm1967@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC64DEDA-8016-447B-B73F-2D1F22271712@microsoft.com...
> When i delete files and pictures to my recycle bin, it never shows anything
> in there but its thereb to empty it, how can i change settings to show files
> that i put into bin.

rive0108

Re: please can anyone help

This occurs because the file isn't default. I acidently deleted mine and
when I re-added it I had 2 choices icon "Recycle Bin full" or icon
"Recycle Bin Empty" ( I clicked icon). To restore default icon that
shows when it is full and when it empty, do this:

Delete Recycle Bin Empty Icon from desktop-

Close all windows> right click desktop> click "personalize"> click
"change desktop icons"> If checked, uncheck "recycle bin"> Click apply,
OK> Recheck "Recycle Bin"> "apply"> "ok"> click "x" in right hand corner
(*do not click a recycle bin icon*)

Default Icon s restored.

--
rive0108

Alienware Area-51 M5790
Vista Ultimate x64 sp1
T7600G Core2 Duo 2.33 Ghz (overclocked to 2.66 GHZ)
ATI Mobility Radeon x1900 256 MB
1920x1200 WUXGA
4GB DDR2 PC5300
HP digital Tuner express card
200 GB 7200 RPM HDD RAID 0
t-4-2

Re: please can anyone help

plm1967;755120 Wrote:
> When i delete files and pictures to my recycle bin, it never shows
> anything
> in there but its thereb to empty it, how can i change settings to show
> files
> that i put into bin.

Hello plm,
Please follow the procedures below. The recycle bin will show items
inside when you deleted something, and it will show "empty" when you
emptied the bin.
1.) delete your recycle bin from the desktop
2.) right click on an open space of the desktop
3.) click Personalize
4.) click Change Desktop Icons
5.) chekmark the box in front of the recycle bin
6.) click Recycle Bin (full), click Change Icon
7.) click Recycle Bin (full), click OK
8.) click Recycle Bin (empty), click Change Icon
9.) click Recycle Bin (empty), click OK
10.) clikc Apply/OK.
You're done. Please reply if it's ok now or not.

--
t-4-2
SG

Re: please can anyone help
"Spirit" <noone@notthere.net> wrote in message
RIGHT CLICK on RECYCLE BIN - Properties
and UNCHECK Do not move deleted items to recycle bin.

"plm1967" <plm1967@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When i delete files and pictures to my recycle bin, it never shows
> anything
> in there but its thereb to empty it, how can i change settings to show
> files
> that i put into bin.

Spirit,

I don't think that's what the OP is looking for. Your answer would Delete
files and bypass the Recycled Bin entirely with no chance of recovery.

--
All the best,
SG

Is your computer system ready for Vista?
https://winqual.microsoft.com/hcl/
Want to keep up with the latest news from MS?
http://news.google.com/nwshp?tab=wn&ned=us&topic=t
Just type in Microsoft

Spirit

Re: please can anyone help
No Unchecking means it would NOT BYPASS RECYCLE BIN.

No Unchecking means it would NOT BYPASS RECYCLE BIN.

"SG" <sorry@nomail.com> wrote in message
> "Spirit" <noone@notthere.net> wrote in message
> RIGHT CLICK on RECYCLE BIN - Properties
> and UNCHECK Do not move deleted items to recycle bin.
>
> "plm1967" <plm1967@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> When i delete files and pictures to my recycle bin, it never shows
>> anything
>> in there but its thereb to empty it, how can i change settings to show
>> files
>> that i put into bin.

> Spirit,
>
> I don't think that's what the OP is looking for. Your answer would Delete
> files and bypass the Recycled Bin entirely with no chance of recovery.
>
> --
> All the best,
> SG
>
> Is your computer system ready for Vista?
> https://winqual.microsoft.com/hcl/
> Want to keep up with the latest news from MS?
> http://news.google.com/nwshp?tab=wn&ned=us&topic=t
> Just type in Microsoft

Ah, slap SG in the face because he did not read correctly WHAM!!!!
Sorry my friend, I will stand in the corner for 1 hour :<(