poor quality pictures on web sits

mills

poor quality pictures on web sits
on every web page i go on i am having to press shift+a to improve the picture
quality, i have to do this on every page. its very annoying. how to i make
it so i dont have to ores the darn shift key??? the grapics seem very blurred
and not clear.
Malke

Re: poor quality pictures on web sits
mills wrote:

> on every web page i go on i am having to press shift+a to improve the
> picture
> quality, i have to do this on every page. its very annoying. how to i
> make it so i dont have to ores the darn shift key??? the grapics seem very
> blurred and not clear.

You forgot to tell us how you connect to the Internet. If you connect using
dialup, you're probably using a "web accelerator" from your ISP. These
"accelerator" programs give the illusion that your connection is faster by
compressing images; IOW you are downloading less data and therefore things
seem faster. Naturally the images will be blurry or pixelated because not
all the original data is downloaded. If this is your case, then turn off
the web accelerator software. Refer to your ISP's support pages if you
don't know how to do this.

If this isn't your case, then please provide the missing details such as how
you connect to the Internet (method/ISP), what browser you are using, if it
happens with all browsers, and the answer to The First Question of
Troubleshooting: assuming the issue didn't always exist, what changed
between the time things worked and the time they didn't?

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
mills

Re: poor quality pictures on web sits
thanksyou for your response.
im not the most computer literate girl. im using a broad band dongle thing
from T mobile, Im using fire fox, and also tried explorer and it still does
the same?

cara

mills wrote:

> thanksyou for your response.
> im not the most computer literate girl. im using a broad band dongle
> thing from T mobile, Im using fire fox, and also tried explorer and it
> still does the same?

Check with T-mobile tech support then. I don't know what a "broad band
dongle thing" is but your Internet Service Provider (from where you got it)
will and will also know about known issues.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Don't Panic!
Mick Murphy

Re: poor quality pictures on web sits
A dongle is similar to a wireless USB thing in a laptop!
I still have photos of them in my old IT study books!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

Mick Murphy wrote:

> A dongle is similar to a wireless USB thing in a laptop!
> I still have photos of them in my old IT study books!

I actually know what a dongle is, Mick. The point was that the OP wasn't
very descriptive about her hardware. In any case, I feel her next step is
to contact the ISP anyway.

Malke