disk defrag

disk defrag running 16 hours still

disk defrag
After contacting hp 5 times disk defrag still does not work on vista. i ran
auslogic love it,, but after the $$$ i spent on my computer i want everything
to work right. 16 hours and it was still defragging drive c. rann all the
diag everything was fine. any ideas out there
Rick Rogers

Re: disk defrag
Defrag is a never ending, low priority process. Stop worrying about it and
just use the computer. Also, only use one program, either the native one or
one of your choosing as they have differing optimization schemes and will
work against each other.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"disk defrag running 16 hours still" <disk defrag running 16 hours
still@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After contacting hp 5 times disk defrag still does not work on vista. i
> ran
> auslogic love it,, but after the $$$ i spent on my computer i want
> everything
> to work right. 16 hours and it was still defragging drive c. rann all the
> diag everything was fine. any ideas out there

Steve Thackery

Re: disk defrag
I totally agree with Rick. Vista defrags automatically, without you doing
anything about it.

Forget about defragging, and use your computer for something useful.

STeveT

Victek

Re: disk defrag
> After contacting hp 5 times disk defrag still does not work on vista. i
> ran
> auslogic love it,, but after the $$$ i spent on my computer i want
> everything
> to work right. 16 hours and it was still defragging drive c. rann all the
> diag everything was fine. any ideas out there

As Rick said, it's important to use only one defragger because each one
arranges files differently on the disk. If you run more then one all you do
is move the files around and wear out your hard disk. Whether or not there
is a problem with the built-in defragger still going after 16 hours is hard
to say since there's no disk map to view progress. I suggest if you like
the Auslogic defragger use it and be happy. I use Raxco's PerfectDisk and
it is far better then the built-in defrag IMHO.

t-4-2

Re: disk defrag

disk defrag running 16 hours still;753768 Wrote:
> After contacting hp 5 times disk defrag still does not work on vista. i
> ran
> auslogic love it,, but after the $$$ i spent on my computer i want
> everything
> to work right. 16 hours and it was still defragging drive c. rann all
> the
> diag everything was fine. any ideas out there

Hello,
Just leave it alone. Vista defrag works in the background continuously.
There is nothing for you to worry about. It does not impede on your
using of the computer. Right ?
Enjoy the Auslogic. I have one too.

--
t-4-2
Benjamin

Re: disk defrag

disk defrag running 16 hours still;753768 Wrote:
> After contacting hp 5 times disk defrag still does not work on vista. i
> ran
> auslogic love it,, but after the $$$ i spent on my computer i want
> everything
> to work right. 16 hours and it was still defragging drive c. rann all
> the
> diag everything was fine. any ideas out there

I would not recommend using Auslogics with Vista. It's not a good
defragmenter and has in many ways is a step backward. With Vista or WHS,
it's better to use a defragmenter that can work around/with the Volume
snapshot service (VSS), and none of the free defraggers do that.

I use an automatic defragmenter (third party, and better than Vista's
own) that defragments in the background as required. Unlike Vista's it
does not require to be scheduled, and automatically cleans up
fragmentation as it occurs. I don't need to concern myself with
defragging any more.

--
Benjamin