vista wont boot

VanOfTheDawn

vista wont boot
my vista home edition 32 bit hangs on the loading screen and does nothing. iv
tried doing the start up repair thing but that didnt work, iv done a virus
scan but it has come up with nothing. this problem is really annoying and any
help is good
Mick Murphy

RE: vista wont boot
Something must be working; you did a virus scan!
Tell us more!!!!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"VanOfTheDawn" wrote:

> my vista home edition 32 bit hangs on the loading screen and does nothing. iv
> tried doing the start up repair thing but that didnt work, iv done a virus
> scan but it has come up with nothing. this problem is really annoying and any
> help is good

VanOfTheDawn

RE: vista wont boot

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> Something must be working; you did a virus scan!
> Tell us more!!!!
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
>

> "VanOfTheDawn" wrote:
>
> > my vista home edition 32 bit hangs on the loading screen and does nothing. iv
> > tried doing the start up repair thing but that didnt work, iv done a virus
> > scan but it has come up with nothing. this problem is really annoying and any
> > help is good

well since i dual boot with XP i did the virus scan on that, all i can get
to in vista is the vista loading bar screen then it will stay there
Charlie Tame

Re: vista wont boot
VanOfTheDawn wrote:

> "Mick Murphy" wrote:
>
>> Something must be working; you did a virus scan!
>> Tell us more!!!!
>> --
>> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
>>

>> "VanOfTheDawn" wrote:
>>
>>> my vista home edition 32 bit hangs on the loading screen and does nothing. iv
>>> tried doing the start up repair thing but that didnt work, iv done a virus
>>> scan but it has come up with nothing. this problem is really annoying and any
>>> help is good

> well since i dual boot with XP i did the virus scan on that, all i can get
> to in vista is the vista loading bar screen then it will stay there

Usually hangs like this are difficult to cure.

You could try going into the BIOS setup and make sure the default video
display is correct, often there are a couple of options and just maybe
one will work. Does the machine do anything (Drive lights etc) if you
leave it for a few minutes? Most video cards have dual display
capability and I have seen on one occasion where these get switched, if
you only have one monitor but a second place to plug one in try that first.

If it's damaged drivers then you may or may not get into safe mode, if
you can do that then a fix should be possible.
Mick Murphy

RE: vista wont boot
You can do a vista System Restore from the DVD too.
Mine did not even hang on the loading screen, and it was a corrupted
Graphics driver whuich vista restored
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia