Can't send/delete Vista email

Nancy

Can't send/delete Vista email
I have tried to download the support ware as suggested and get a message
"Installer encountered an error 0x8007000d. I have tried everything I can
think of for 4 days. I do not believe I should pay $60 for help from the
people who are responsible for this fiasco. Toshiba will not help with this.
Microsoft tells me my PID was entered wrong.....I copied it right off the
computer. Am I at the end of the trail here - should I just throw the darn
computer out the window? It is a 2007 Toshiba A215 -S4757 laptop.....hardly
been used!
Gordon

Re: Can't send/delete Vista email
"Nancy" <Nancy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have tried to download the support ware as suggested and get a message
> "Installer encountered an error 0x8007000d. I have tried everything I can
> think of for 4 days. I do not believe I should pay $60 for help from the
> people who are responsible for this fiasco. Toshiba will not help with
> this.
> Microsoft tells me my PID was entered wrong.....I copied it right off the
> computer. Am I at the end of the trail here - should I just throw the
> darn
> computer out the window? It is a 2007 Toshiba A215 -S4757
> laptop.....hardly
> been used!

What are you talking about?
Please start from the beginning, with a detailed description of the problem,
what steps you have taken to resolve it, and any error messages you got when
taking those steps.

Thank you.

Nancy

Re: Can't send/delete Vista email
My Vista email sending function is locked up on one address - I cannot delete
that email or send anything.

I have gone to the following website as recommended during a previous post:
http://www.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/941090

Every time I try to download, I get the following message:

Installer encountered an error 0x8007000d

One response suggested I download Windows Vista Live (or something to that
account) and it failed to download after loading the email section to 99%.

I am also now having problems accessing my new gmail address - I can get to
my mail and send with some effort, but quite often I get the message:
Internet explorer cannot display webpage. I am also now getting some valid
addresses rejected.

I have also tried to go to Microsoft email help. I don't want to pay the
$60, but thought I would see if I could get on for free - when they asked for
myPID - I typed it in and they said it was invalid/not entered correctly.

I can't tell you much more than that. I am at our vacation home in rural
Montana and, by necessity, on a very slow dial up service (Bamnet) to access
my home wireless address.....my efforts of the past 4-5 days are getting
expensive!!

Toshiba said it is not their problem. A call to Microsoft asked for $60.

news9F6A1AB-A304-418E-815D-8C0230A8F276@microsoft.com...
> My Vista email sending function is locked up on one address - I cannot
> delete
> that email or send anything.
>
> I have gone to the following website as recommended during a previous
> post:
> http://www.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/941090
>
> Every time I try to download, I get the following message:
>
> Installer encountered an error 0x8007000d

Did you try the workaround as on that page at the bottom?

Nancy

Re: Can't send/delete Vista email
No. I will make that my project for today and get back to you. For being a
relativley ignorant computer user I am getting to know every corner of this
little machine!

"Gordon" wrote:

> "Nancy" <Nancy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news9F6A1AB-A304-418E-815D-8C0230A8F276@microsoft.com...
> > My Vista email sending function is locked up on one address - I cannot
> > delete
> > that email or send anything.
> >
> > I have gone to the following website as recommended during a previous
> > post:
> > http://www.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/941090
> >
> > Every time I try to download, I get the following message:
> >
> > Installer encountered an error 0x8007000d

> Did you try the workaround as on that page at the bottom?

Nancy

Re: Can't send/delete Vista email
Wow!! How easy......thank you so very much. It works. The days I have
wasted!!! I will save that info.......

> Wow!! How easy......thank you so very much. It works. The days I have
> wasted!!! I will save that info.......

You're welcome!