Suggestions on good Registry Cleaner

DirtyDawg

Suggestions on good Registry Cleaner
Can anyone suggest a good Registry Cleaner for Vista 64b? I just recently
purchased my laptop with the 64b OS installed and it seems like it is
already getting a little sluggish.

Thank you for your time.

Mick Murphy

RE: Suggestions on good Registry Cleaner
Never use a Registry Cleaner!!! They do more harm than good!
If you can't manually work in your Registry, leave it alone, or get a
competent Computer Technician to do it for you.

Try doing a disk cleanup, delete temp files, delete temp internet files.
Cut back on number of restore Points, delete Programs that you don't use.
Check for Spyware.
There is so much you can do without touching the Registry.

--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"DirtyDawg" wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a good Registry Cleaner for Vista 64b? I just recently
> purchased my laptop with the 64b OS installed and it seems like it is
> already getting a little sluggish.
>
> Thank you for your time.

Malke

DirtyDawg wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a good Registry Cleaner for Vista 64b? I just recently
> purchased my laptop with the 64b OS installed and it seems like it is
> already getting a little sluggish.
>
> Thank you for your time.

None. See:

http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=28099 - registry cleaner thread

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
Zoloft

Re: Suggestions on good Registry Cleaner

and to answer your question without paranoia, warranted or not,

JV16 Power Tools 2008
and
SuperWin RegVac Registry Cleaner

are both x64 compatible, and very handy lil aps. You will, of course,
want to make sure to back up all changes you make, in case they do cause
issues.

--
Zoloft

CuttersChoice is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well i have use Registry Mechanic and i have found that it removes pretty much everything you need to worry about and so far it has caused no problems with me.
It saves so much time over doing it manualy and does not cause any problems with performence. (atleast it didnt with me in the last year or so that i have used it with 2 machines.)
But i dont know if it will work with a 64 bit os.
Victek

Re: Suggestions on good Registry Cleaner
> Can anyone suggest a good Registry Cleaner for Vista 64b? I just recently
> purchased my laptop with the 64b OS installed and it seems like it is
> already getting a little sluggish.
>
> Thank you for your time.

Registry "cleaning" may seem like a good idea, but can you really attribute
any improvement in performance to it? I've tried it from time to time and
I've never noticed the slightest difference. On the other hand, I have seen
registry cleaners damage the registry resulting in programs not loading
properly. One thing you can do to optimize the registry which IS safe is to
defrag/compress it. There are a number of free utilities, such as NTRegOpt
which do this.

As others have mentioned there are many safe ways to optimize a Windows
system which do produce noticeable gains in performance. If you need
suggestions just ask.

Brink

DirtyDawg;751643 Wrote:
> Can anyone suggest a good Registry Cleaner for Vista 64b? I just
> recently
> purchased my laptop with the 64b OS installed and it seems like it is
> already getting a little sluggish.
>
> Thank you for your time.

Hi DirtyDawg,

This will help improve your computer's performance better than just a
registry cleaner can.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/81...nce-vista.html

However, I have used the free Wise Registry Cleaner program without
having any problems with it.

'WiseCleaner.com - Downloads'
(http://www.wisecleaner.com/download.html)

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
ICQM Houston

RE: Suggestions on good Registry Cleaner
perform regular disk cleanup, defrag - i suggest not using antivirus as this
will cause more frustrations (but if you found one that best suit your needs
that's OK) - use the best firewall instead - scan your PC of spyware daily.

system restore makes your PC much worst after you run it so much as well
disable it - i suggest careful manual registry cleaning as it require
perseverance and studiosness to manually clean the registry file

"DirtyDawg" wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a good Registry Cleaner for Vista 64b? I just recently
> purchased my laptop with the 64b OS installed and it seems like it is
> already getting a little sluggish.
>
> Thank you for your time.

John Barnett MVP

Re: Suggestions on good Registry Cleaner
The only way to 'clean' the registry is to do it manually. In most cases the
software that purports to be able to clean the registry causes more problems
than it solves. If you are not confident enough to manually remove defunct
registry entries then leave the registry well alone and keep as far away
from registry cleaners as you possible can.

John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"DirtyDawg" <dirtydawg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone suggest a good Registry Cleaner for Vista 64b? I just recently
> purchased my laptop with the 64b OS installed and it seems like it is
> already getting a little sluggish.
>
> Thank you for your time.

hpwuest

Re: Suggestions on good Registry Cleaner

'RegCure Free Download' (http://www.fast-download.info/regcure.html)

I've bought it for my Vista 32 Ultimate - no problems so far - has good
critiques in the Internet.

--
hpwuest