unable to complete backup to pocket media drive

raggmopp

unable to complete backup to pocket media drive
I have Windows VISTA Home Premium. When I run "back up files" to a pocket
media drive inserted into the computer's drive bay, it will run to it's about
50% complete, then I get a message that "backup was stopped." Prior to
running the backup, I disabled the antivirus and spyware. Can anyone help me
solve the problem? Thanks.
Robert Hankins

Re: unable to complete backup to pocket media drive
'Pocket media drive = thumb drive'? If so, thumb drive needs to be
formatted in NTFS to operate properly with Vista HP. Check and see if thumb
drive is formatted for FAT32; if so re-format to NTFS and you will be good
to go.

"raggmopp" <raggmopp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Windows VISTA Home Premium. When I run "back up files" to a pocket
> media drive inserted into the computer's drive bay, it will run to it's
> about
> 50% complete, then I get a message that "backup was stopped." Prior to
> running the backup, I disabled the antivirus and spyware. Can anyone help
> me
> solve the problem? Thanks.

raggmopp

Re: unable to complete backup to pocket media drive
Thanks for responding. No, I don't believe you'd call the pocket media drive
a thumb drive. It's a 500GB portable drive that fits into a bay in the front
of the CPU. Anyway, I kept trying yesterday and it finally said backup was
complete, but I don't know why it keeps doing this when I try to perform a
backup. I really shouldn't have to try a dozen times for it to work, but I
don't know what to do to correct the problem. The only thing HP told me was
to make sure I disabled the antivirus and spyware first, which I do. Thanks
for any help you can give me.