SpacebarNotFuntioningProperly

AmyH

SpacebarNotFuntioningProperly
InsteadOfMakingASpace,MySpaceBarBringsUpAMenuInThe TopLeftCornerOfMyScreen.ThisIsVeryAnnoying,AndIHav eNoIdeaHowTo"Redo"WhateverIDid.TheSpaceBarWorksPer fectlyForMySon's"Cars"GameAsAnAccelerator,JustNotA sASpaceBar.I'mAStayHomeMom,NotAComputerWhiz.
--
AmyHoward
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: SpacebarNotFuntioningProperly
Time to replace your keyboard with one that works properly.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"AmyH" <AmyH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message newsE741972-43E0-42AE-B363-9308C61A4B45@microsoft.com...
InsteadOfMakingASpace,MySpaceBarBringsUpAMenuInThe TopLeftCornerOfMyScreen.ThisIsVeryAnnoying,AndIHav eNoIdeaHowTo"Redo"WhateverIDid.TheSpaceBarWorksPer fectlyForMySon's"Cars"GameAsAnAccelerator,JustNotA sASpaceBar.I'mAStayHomeMom,NotAComputerWhiz.
--
AmyHoward

Mark

Re: SpacebarNotFuntioningProperly
..rekcehC llepS A nO kceH eB tsuM
..tfeL oT thgiR morF oG sretterL ehT woH htiW melborP ralimiS A evaH I

"AmyH" <AmyH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsE741972-43E0-42AE-B363-9308C61A4B45@microsoft.com...
> InsteadOfMakingASpace,MySpaceBarBringsUpAMenuInThe TopLeftCornerOfMyScreen.ThisIsVeryAnnoying,AndIHav eNoIdeaHowTo"Redo"WhateverIDid.TheSpaceBarWorksPer fectlyForMySon's"Cars"GameAsAnAccelerator,JustNotA sASpaceBar.I'mAStayHomeMom,NotAComputerWhiz.
> --
> AmyHoward

Charlie Tame

AmyH wrote:
> InsteadOfMakingASpace,MySpaceBarBringsUpAMenuInThe TopLeftCornerOfMyScreen.ThisIsVeryAnnoying,AndIHav eNoIdeaHowTo"Redo"WhateverIDid.TheSpaceBarWorksPer fectlyForMySon's"Cars"GameAsAnAccelerator,JustNotA sASpaceBar.I'mAStayHomeMom,NotAComputerWhiz.

Try turning it upside down and tap it, there may be something stuck
under a key. Possibly the ALT key is stuck. If that fails borrow a keyboard.
AmyH

Re: SpacebarNotFuntioningProperly
IUnPluggedTheKeyBoard,TookItOutBack,BlewItOutWithA nAirCompressor,TookTheBackOffTheKeyboard,CheckedFo rDebris,NothingJumpedOut,ScrewedItBackTogetherAgai n,NoChange.ComputerIsAbout1YearOld.IsThereSomeShor tcutYouCanCreateToMakeMakeSpacebarHaveDifferentFun ction?
AmyHowar

AmyH wrote:
> IUnPluggedTheKeyBoard,TookItOutBack,BlewItOutWithA nAirCompressor,TookTheBackOffTheKeyboard,CheckedFo rDebris,NothingJumpedOut,ScrewedItBackTogetherAgai n,NoChange.ComputerIsAbout1YearOld.IsThereSomeShor tcutYouCanCreateToMakeMakeSpacebarHaveDifferentFun ction?
> AmyHowar
>

> "Charlie Tame" wrote:
>
>> AmyH wrote:
>>> InsteadOfMakingASpace,MySpaceBarBringsUpAMenuInThe TopLeftCornerOfMyScreen.ThisIsVeryAnnoying,AndIHav eNoIdeaHowTo"Redo"WhateverIDid.TheSpaceBarWorksPer fectlyForMySon's"Cars"GameAsAnAccelerator,JustNotA sASpaceBar.I'mAStayHomeMom,NotAComputerWhiz.

>> Try turning it upside down and tap it, there may be something stuck
>> under a key. Possibly the ALT key is stuck. If that fails borrow a keyboard.

Well the next easiest option is try another keyboard. I don't know of
any way to do this from normal accessibility options but you said (I
think) that some of the kids' games work so is is possible that some
software has changed a key mapping.

By the way what is the menu that appears?