Missing icons in taskbar

Baboykal

Missing icons in taskbar
I have the same problems as a lot of people, also with my network and sound
my internet security icon also disapeares. Ive tried the fix in the registry
but it just happens again later. I can reboot and everything is back but
after awhile they just disapear again. I know is has something to do with
SP1 because i didnt have this problem untill installing it. Is there any
perminent fixes out there. Or is just getting rid of sp1 the only good fix.
In need of help.
Thanks
--
Asus P4N-D, intel 8300, 4g crosair dom, 8800 GTS(X2), vista 32ultimate
Kaspersky internet suite
Dwarf

RE: Missing icons in taskbar
Hi Baboykal,

To fix this, right click on the task bar and select 'Properties'. This will
bring up the 'Taskbar and Start Menu Properties' dialogue. Select the
'Notification Area' tab. Under the section 'System icons', ensure that there
is a check mark next to each item. In the upper area, 'Icons', click
'Customize...'. Browse the list that appears, click on the required item and
select the required behavior from the drop down menu. Note that the default
behavior for all items is 'Hide when inactive', but this can be changed
individually to 'Hide' or 'Show' for each item. Click 'OK' twice to close the
dialogue boxes.
Dwarf

"Baboykal" wrote:

> I have the same problems as a lot of people, also with my network and sound
> my internet security icon also disapeares. Ive tried the fix in the registry
> but it just happens again later. I can reboot and everything is back but
> after awhile they just disapear again. I know is has something to do with
> SP1 because i didnt have this problem untill installing it. Is there any
> perminent fixes out there. Or is just getting rid of sp1 the only good fix.
> In need of help.
> Thanks
> --
> Asus P4N-D, intel 8300, 4g crosair dom, 8800 GTS(X2), vista 32ultimate
> Kaspersky internet suite

Brink

Re: Missing icons in taskbar

Baboykal;747927 Wrote:
> I have the same problems as a lot of people, also with my network and
> sound
> my internet security icon also disapeares. Ive tried the fix in the
> registry
> but it just happens again later. I can reboot and everything is back
> but
> after awhile they just disapear again. I know is has something to do
> with
> SP1 because i didnt have this problem untill installing it. Is there
> any
> perminent fixes out there. Or is just getting rid of sp1 the only good
> fix.
> In need of help.
> Thanks
> --
> Asus P4N-D, intel 8300, 4g crosair dom, 8800 GTS(X2), vista 32ultimate
> Kaspersky internet suite

Hi Baboykal,

Check to make sure that these are not set to "Hide when inactive"
instead of "Show". This tutorial will show you how to if needed.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/76...customize.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Baboykal

RE: Missing icons in taskbar
I had the hide inactive icon disable so i dont think this fix will help but i
enabled it a change the icons to show. I will post once i see if this works
or not. I am not hopefull. I think there is more to it then this simple
fix. I also have some ghosting when the icons disapear. like the properties
buton will stay afixed to my desktop when i right click taskbsar. This wont
go away untill i reboot. But i give it ago. Thanks for the help.
--

"Dwarf" wrote:

> Hi Baboykal,
>
> To fix this, right click on the task bar and select 'Properties'. This will
> bring up the 'Taskbar and Start Menu Properties' dialogue. Select the
> 'Notification Area' tab. Under the section 'System icons', ensure that there
> is a check mark next to each item. In the upper area, 'Icons', click
> 'Customize...'. Browse the list that appears, click on the required item and
> select the required behavior from the drop down menu. Note that the default
> behavior for all items is 'Hide when inactive', but this can be changed
> individually to 'Hide' or 'Show' for each item. Click 'OK' twice to close the
> dialogue boxes.
> Dwarf
>
> "Baboykal" wrote:
>
> > I have the same problems as a lot of people, also with my network and sound
> > my internet security icon also disapeares. Ive tried the fix in the registry
> > but it just happens again later. I can reboot and everything is back but
> > after awhile they just disapear again. I know is has something to do with
> > SP1 because i didnt have this problem untill installing it. Is there any
> > perminent fixes out there. Or is just getting rid of sp1 the only good fix.
> > In need of help.
> > Thanks
> > --
> > Asus P4N-D, intel 8300, 4g crosair dom, 8800 GTS(X2), vista 32ultimate
> > Kaspersky internet suite

Baboykal

RE: Missing icons in taskbar
aI'm back again. and it didnt work. ive tried everything on the forums but
nothing works. I guess Im going to try microsoft tech support. Anyone out
there, fixed theres yet? permanently i mean.
--

"Baboykal" wrote:

> I had the hide inactive icon disable so i dont think this fix will help but i
> enabled it a change the icons to show. I will post once i see if this works
> or not. I am not hopefull. I think there is more to it then this simple
> fix. I also have some ghosting when the icons disapear. like the properties
> buton will stay afixed to my desktop when i right click taskbsar. This wont
> go away untill i reboot. But i give it ago. Thanks for the help.
> --
> Asus P4N-D, intel 8300, 4g crosair dom, 8800 GTS(X2), vista 32ultimate
> Kaspersky internet suite
>

> "Dwarf" wrote:
>
> > Hi Baboykal,
> >
> > To fix this, right click on the task bar and select 'Properties'. This will
> > bring up the 'Taskbar and Start Menu Properties' dialogue. Select the
> > 'Notification Area' tab. Under the section 'System icons', ensure that there
> > is a check mark next to each item. In the upper area, 'Icons', click
> > 'Customize...'. Browse the list that appears, click on the required item and
> > select the required behavior from the drop down menu. Note that the default
> > behavior for all items is 'Hide when inactive', but this can be changed
> > individually to 'Hide' or 'Show' for each item. Click 'OK' twice to close the
> > dialogue boxes.
> > Dwarf
> >
> > "Baboykal" wrote:
> >
> > > I have the same problems as a lot of people, also with my network and sound
> > > my internet security icon also disapeares. Ive tried the fix in the registry
> > > but it just happens again later. I can reboot and everything is back but
> > > after awhile they just disapear again. I know is has something to do with
> > > SP1 because i didnt have this problem untill installing it. Is there any
> > > perminent fixes out there. Or is just getting rid of sp1 the only good fix.
> > > In need of help.
> > > Thanks
> > > --
> > > Asus P4N-D, intel 8300, 4g crosair dom, 8800 GTS(X2), vista 32ultimate
> > > Kaspersky internet suite

Baboykal

Re: Missing icons in taskbar
hello brink
i found you link informative, but what about my Kaspersy icon? something is
removeing these icon from Current items to past. This is getting on my
nerves i have to reboot my system everytime i log out. Rebooting is the only
fix that seems to work but as soon as i log off then on the same problem.
Thanks again for the help.
--

"Brink" wrote:

> Baboykal;747927 Wrote:
> > I have the same problems as a lot of people, also with my network and
> > sound
> > my internet security icon also disapeares. Ive tried the fix in the
> > registry
> > but it just happens again later. I can reboot and everything is back
> > but
> > after awhile they just disapear again. I know is has something to do
> > with
> > SP1 because i didnt have this problem untill installing it. Is there
> > any
> > perminent fixes out there. Or is just getting rid of sp1 the only good
> > fix.
> > In need of help.
> > Thanks
> > --
> > Asus P4N-D, intel 8300, 4g crosair dom, 8800 GTS(X2), vista 32ultimate
> > Kaspersky internet suite

> Hi Baboykal,
>
> Check to make sure that these are not set to "Hide when inactive"
> instead of "Show". This tutorial will show you how to if needed.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/76...customize.html
>
> Hope this helps,
> Shawn
>

> --
> Brink
>
> *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
> them.*
> '*VISTA FORUMS*' (http://www.vistax64.com)

Brink

Re: Missing icons in taskbar

Baboykal;749089 Wrote:
> hello brink
> i found you link informative, but what about my Kaspersy icon?
> something is
> removeing these icon from Current items to past. This is getting on my
> nerves i have to reboot my system everytime i log out. Rebooting is the
> only
> fix that seems to work but as soon as i log off then on the same
> problem.
> Thanks again for the help.
> --
> Asus P4N-D, intel 8300, 4g crosair dom, 8800 GTS(X2), vista 32ultimate
> Kaspersky internet suite
>

> "Brink" wrote:
> > > >
> > > Hi Baboykal,
> > >
> > > Check to make sure that these are not set to "Hide when inactive"
> > > instead of "Show". This tutorial will show you how to if needed.
> > >

> > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/76...customize.html
> > >
> > > Hope this helps,
> > > Shawn
> > >

> > > --
> > > Brink
> > >
> > > *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
> > > them.*
> > > '*VISTA FORUMS*' (http://www.vistax64.com)
> > > *Please post feedback to help others.*

Baboykal,

See if resetting the Notification icons will help. If these get
corrupted, it can behave this way. This tutorial will show you how to.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/99...ons-reset.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn