Windows Vista and Publisher

scmustangmom

Windows Vista and Publisher
I have a publication that I did with Publisher 2003 and can't open it up on
Vista. I have my old Office XP disks and was wondering if there is a way to
use the program off of the disc on Vista. How would I extract only the
Publisher program?
DL

Re: Windows Vista and Publisher
OfficeXP is 2002 version, you mention Publisher 2003.
Do you have any other version of Office, including trial installed on your
Vista PC?

"scmustangmom" <scmustangmom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a publication that I did with Publisher 2003 and can't open it up on
> Vista. I have my old Office XP disks and was wondering if there is a way
> use the program off of the disc on Vista. How would I extract only the
> Publisher program?

Nonny

Re: Windows Vista and Publisher
On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:44:02 -0700, scmustangmom
<scmustangmom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a publication that I did with Publisher 2003 and can't open it up on
>Vista. I have my old Office XP disks and was wondering if there is a way to
>use the program off of the disc on Vista. How would I extract only the
>Publisher program?

You will definitely need Publisher to open the program.

I think you have to install everything to get Publisher. Start the
install and choose which options you want. Maybe you can set
everything else to run from the CD or to be installed on "first use".
scmustangmom

Re: Windows Vista and Publisher
My other computer has been gone too long. You are right, they do say 2002.
I wonder if the Publisher program is on there and if so if it is a 2002
instead of 2003. If I can just get it opened, I can save it to a Word
document. Are their any compatability programs that will open it?

"DL" wrote:

> OfficeXP is 2002 version, you mention Publisher 2003.
> Do you have any other version of Office, including trial installed on your
> Vista PC?
>
> "scmustangmom" <scmustangmom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a publication that I did with Publisher 2003 and can't open it up on
> > Vista. I have my old Office XP disks and was wondering if there is a way
> > use the program off of the disc on Vista. How would I extract only the
> > Publisher program?

Nonny

Re: Windows Vista and Publisher
On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 16:00:00 -0700, scmustangmom
<scmustangmom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My other computer has been gone too long. You are right, they do say 2002.
>I wonder if the Publisher program is on there and if so if it is a 2002
>instead of 2003. If I can just get it opened, I can save it to a Word
>document. Are their any compatability programs that will open it?

Check with the experts - and there are several REAL EXPERTS on all
versions of publisher and its workarounds - on:

microsoft.public.publisher.

You will get an answer almost instantly.
Shane Nokes

Re: Windows Vista and Publisher
Well if you have your Office discs why not install Office?

It should work

> My other computer has been gone too long. You are right, they do say
> 2002.
> I wonder if the Publisher program is on there and if so if it is a 2002
> instead of 2003. If I can just get it opened, I can save it to a Word
> document. Are their any compatability programs that will open it?
>
> "DL" wrote:
>
>> OfficeXP is 2002 version, you mention Publisher 2003.
>> Do you have any other version of Office, including trial installed on
>> your
>> Vista PC?
>>
>> "scmustangmom" <scmustangmom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a publication that I did with Publisher 2003 and can't open it up
>> >on
>> > Vista. I have my old Office XP disks and was wondering if there is a
>> > way
>> > use the program off of the disc on Vista. How would I extract only the
>> > Publisher program?

Mick Murphy

Re: Windows Vista and Publisher
Office XP will work except for Outlook passwords.
Just do a custom install of XP Office to only install Publisher!
You get that option during installation of it!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia