Vista won't restart / shutdown

Stardust0124

Vista won't restart / shutdown
Hello. I'm posting this again because i can't find the other post i made
after i deleted the email that contained the link. Here goes

I reinstalled vista recently and now when i press restart ~ from the start
bar ~ the pc will do all the operations needed as in quit applications, shut
down windows and then it's just black screen and fans spinning. Someone gave
me a solution to this but it wasn't temporary. Everytime i was shutting down
the pc, it was doing the same thing when i was restarting.

Now it happens the same thing even when i shut it down. So everytime i shut
down/restart my pc i have to wait till windows shuts down and then press the
button on my case. This is getting really anoying.

Someone help me please !
Nonny

Re: Vista won't restart / shutdown

http://tinyurl.com/67qqns

>I reinstalled vista recently and now when i press restart ~ from the start
>bar ~ the pc will do all the operations needed as in quit applications, shut
>down windows and then it's just black screen and fans spinning. Someone gave
>me a solution to this but it wasn't temporary. Everytime i was shutting down
>the pc, it was doing the same thing when i was restarting.
>
>Now it happens the same thing even when i shut it down. So everytime i shut
>down/restart my pc i have to wait till windows shuts down and then press the
>button on my case. This is getting really anoying.
>
>Someone help me please !

Trevor

"Stardust0124" <Stardust0124@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello. I'm posting this again because i can't find the other post i made
> after i deleted the email that contained the link. Here goes
>
> I reinstalled vista recently and now when i press restart ~ from the start
> bar ~ the pc will do all the operations needed as in quit applications,
> shut
> down windows and then it's just black screen and fans spinning. Someone
> gave
> me a solution to this but it wasn't temporary. Everytime i was shutting
> down
> the pc, it was doing the same thing when i was restarting.
>
> Now it happens the same thing even when i shut it down. So everytime i
> shut
> down/restart my pc i have to wait till windows shuts down and then press
> the
> button on my case. This is getting really anoying.
>
> Someone help me please !

I am having the same shutdown problem. Vista shuts itself down, the screen

goes blank and then the power remains on -- for hours if you dont put it

off manually. Have tried the powercfg -h on switch but that has not

resolved the problem.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Trevor

Charles W Davis

Re: Vista won't restart / shutdown
Using a laptop?

"Trevor" <executor@telkomsa.net> wrote in message
newsE6D66A4-CDFB-43AC-9467-2773F16CA94F@microsoft.com...
> "Stardust0124" <Stardust0124@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hello. I'm posting this again because i can't find the other post i made
>> after i deleted the email that contained the link. Here goes
>>
>> I reinstalled vista recently and now when i press restart ~ from the
>> start
>> bar ~ the pc will do all the operations needed as in quit applications,
>> shut
>> down windows and then it's just black screen and fans spinning. Someone
>> gave
>> me a solution to this but it wasn't temporary. Everytime i was shutting
>> down
>> the pc, it was doing the same thing when i was restarting.
>>
>> Now it happens the same thing even when i shut it down. So everytime i
>> shut
>> down/restart my pc i have to wait till windows shuts down and then press
>> the
>> button on my case. This is getting really anoying.
>>
>> Someone help me please !

> I am having the same shutdown problem. Vista shuts itself down, the
> screen
>
> goes blank and then the power remains on -- for hours if you dont put it
>
> off manually. Have tried the powercfg -h on switch but that has not
>
> resolved the problem.
>

> Any other suggestions?
>

> Thanks
>

> Trevor

Trevor

"Charles W Davis" <Anthemwebs@lvcoxmail.com> wrote in message
> Using a laptop?
>
> "Trevor" <executor@telkomsa.net> wrote in message
> newsE6D66A4-CDFB-43AC-9467-2773F16CA94F@microsoft.com...
>> "Stardust0124" <Stardust0124@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello. I'm posting this again because i can't find the other post i made
>>> after i deleted the email that contained the link. Here goes
>>>
>>> I reinstalled vista recently and now when i press restart ~ from the
>>> start
>>> bar ~ the pc will do all the operations needed as in quit applications,
>>> shut
>>> down windows and then it's just black screen and fans spinning. Someone
>>> gave
>>> me a solution to this but it wasn't temporary. Everytime i was shutting
>>> down
>>> the pc, it was doing the same thing when i was restarting.
>>>
>>> Now it happens the same thing even when i shut it down. So everytime i
>>> shut
>>> down/restart my pc i have to wait till windows shuts down and then press
>>> the
>>> button on my case. This is getting really anoying.
>>>
>>> Someone help me please !

>> I am having the same shutdown problem. Vista shuts itself down, the
>> screen
>>
>> goes blank and then the power remains on -- for hours if you dont put it
>>
>> off manually. Have tried the powercfg -h on switch but that has not
>>
>> resolved the problem.
>>

>> Any other suggestions?
>>

>> Thanks
>>

>> Trevor

Nay, a stand alone PC running Vista Ultimate, 4 GB RAM, Q6600 CPU and a
Gigabyte motherboard and on mirror RAID.

Trevor

pangi is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Vista won't restart / shutdown
Same problem here.. did you find a solution?
Rick Rogers

Re: Vista won't restart / shutdown
The chance of getting a response on an old thread is very low. Create a new
thread with a full description of your problem if you're serious about
getting help.

Keep in mind that the majority of responders are *not* members of this
message board, but rather respond via newsgroups that this forum slurps
from. This means they (we) cannot see messages you are replying to and
therefore have no idea what you are referring to.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org