Vista problems

Leah

Vista problems
I bought my computer 12/19/07 and unfortunately it only had the option of
coming with Vista. 2 months after purchasing my new PC, the desktop
completely disappeared, leaving me with only an explorer window to navigate
my computer. Since then, all of my USB drives have disappeared to where I
can't use my printer, keyboard, mouse, card reader, etc.
I spoke with the manufacturer who said they can't do anything for me since
it's an issue with Microsoft. My computer didn't come with a recovery
disk...for some reason, so I am left helpless with no options.
Please, for the sake of my sanity and almost $2,000 - help me. I need my
computer for both work and school.
Thank you for your time and help.
Nonny

Re: Vista problems
On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 09:54:00 -0700, Leah
<Leah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I bought my computer 12/19/07 and unfortunately it only had the option of
>coming with Vista. 2 months after purchasing my new PC, the desktop
>completely disappeared, leaving me with only an explorer window to navigate
>my computer. Since then, all of my USB drives have disappeared to where I
>can't use my printer, keyboard, mouse, card reader, etc.
>I spoke with the manufacturer who said they can't do anything for me since
>it's an issue with Microsoft. My computer didn't come with a recovery
>disk...for some reason, so I am left helpless with no options.
>Please, for the sake of my sanity and almost $2,000 - help me. I need my
>computer for both work and school.
>Thank you for your time and help.

If your computer came without recovery discs, then it most certainly
has a hidden partition that contains the files you need.

You were probably given the opportunity to make a CD when you first
started using your computer but you passed that up.

Check your manual, your manufacturer's help system on the computer
etc. to find out how to use the files now.

Frenchy

Re: Vista problems
Leah wrote:
> I bought my computer 12/19/07 and unfortunately it only had the option of
> coming with Vista. 2 months after purchasing my new PC, the desktop
> completely disappeared, leaving me with only an explorer window to navigate
> my computer. Since then, all of my USB drives have disappeared to where I
> can't use my printer, keyboard, mouse, card reader, etc.
> I spoke with the manufacturer who said they can't do anything for me since
> it's an issue with Microsoft. My computer didn't come with a recovery
> disk...for some reason, so I am left helpless with no options.
> Please, for the sake of my sanity and almost $2,000 - help me. I need my
> computer for both work and school.
> Thank you for your time and help.

Are you sure you didn't log off as the User and log back in as a guest
or something else? That gives you a blank new desktop as there are no
programs installed for that user?

Open Control Panel and put it in Classic View and then double click the
DEVICE MANAGER and click all the + signs to expand each device and make
sure there are no yellow exclamation marks on anything. You have the
option to roll back your drivers for any device.

Frenchy
Mick Murphy

RE: Vista problems
Leah, the sellers HAVE to supply you the Recovery means to reinstall vista
back to factory standards!
It comes in either disk form(which you don't have), or a 2nd partition on
your Hard drive which you can not access as your USB ports won't allow mouse,
keyboard, etc to work.
Ring them back, and DEMAND help, or state that you will report them to
Microsoft for NOT supplying Recovery options for their FAILED HARDWARE!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia