Can't turn Aero on...

paule29

Can't turn Aero on...

I have windows vista home premium, and it initially had the aero theme
turned on, but at some point in time it went away and I didn't notice it
at the time so i'm not sure what could have caused it. I did do basic
performance tweaks like turning off certain services and startup
programs, but i'm not sure if any of those are connected to aero.

When I go to the control panel>personalize>themes it only shows a
"windows vista" theme, no aero. When that theme is selected, in the
window color and appearance options it doesn't have any of the aero
features. I've searched online and can't find anything concerning why
the option doesn't turn up in my theme selection and haven't had aero
for about half a year now =/

--
paule29
Rick Rogers

Re: Can't turn Aero on...
Hi Paule29,

I would start by reversing everything you turned off, particularly those
services that you disabled. Disabling standard system services is rarely the
key to peak performance.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"paule29" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I have windows vista home premium, and it initially had the aero theme
> turned on, but at some point in time it went away and I didn't notice it
> at the time so i'm not sure what could have caused it. I did do basic
> performance tweaks like turning off certain services and startup
> programs, but i'm not sure if any of those are connected to aero.
>
> When I go to the control panel>personalize>themes it only shows a
> "windows vista" theme, no aero. When that theme is selected, in the
> window color and appearance options it doesn't have any of the aero
> features. I've searched online and can't find anything concerning why
> the option doesn't turn up in my theme selection and haven't had aero
> for about half a year now =/
>

> --
> paule29

PaulB

RE: Can't turn Aero on...
Hi,
Go to personalize, then Window Color and appearance. Then select "Open
classic appearance properties for more color options". Windows aero should
be in the pulldown menu.
--
Paul