windows explorer font color

AFA

windows explorer font color
I created a new volume fron unallocated space. The volume seems to work fine.
However in windows explorer the font is blue, not black. For all other
volumes the font is black. Is this a problem? Why is the font blue? how can i
chabge it to black?
Thanks all.
--
AFA
Gerry

Re: windows explorer font color
In Windows Explorer a blue font is the default colour for a compressed file.

How To Use File Compression in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307987

File compression is fine for files not normally accessed. If files regularly
accessed are compressed it will slow system performance.

~~~~
Hope this helps

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"AFA" <AFA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a new volume fron unallocated space. The volume seems to work
>fine.
> However in windows explorer the font is blue, not black. For all other
> volumes the font is black. Is this a problem? Why is the font blue? how
> can i
> chabge it to black?
> Thanks all.
> --
> AFA

AFA

"Gerry" wrote:

> In Windows Explorer a blue font is the default colour for a compressed file.
>
> How To Use File Compression in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307987
>
> File compression is fine for files not normally accessed. If files regularly
> accessed are compressed it will slow system performance.
>

> ~~~~
> Hope this helps
>
> Gerry
> ~~~~
> FCA
> Stourport, England
> Enquire, plan and execute
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>

> "AFA" <AFA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I created a new volume fron unallocated space. The volume seems to work
> >fine.
> > However in windows explorer the font is blue, not black. For all other
> > volumes the font is black. Is this a problem? Why is the font blue? how
> > can i
> > chabge it to black?
> > Thanks all.
> > --
> > AFA

AFA

Re: windows explorer font color
Thank you. I searched through MS Help and could not find the answer. You
solved my problem.
--
AFA

"Gerry" wrote:

> In Windows Explorer a blue font is the default colour for a compressed file.
>
> How To Use File Compression in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307987
>
> File compression is fine for files not normally accessed. If files regularly
> accessed are compressed it will slow system performance.
>

> ~~~~
> Hope this helps
>
> Gerry
> ~~~~
> FCA
> Stourport, England
> Enquire, plan and execute
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>

> "AFA" <AFA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I created a new volume fron unallocated space. The volume seems to work
> >fine.
> > However in windows explorer the font is blue, not black. For all other
> > volumes the font is black. Is this a problem? Why is the font blue? how
> > can i
> > chabge it to black?
> > Thanks all.
> > --
> > AFA

supposed2b

Re: windows explorer font color

Hi All,

I'd like to expand on the use of colored text in my exploreer files. I
have anumber of ebooks and mp3 files that I'd like to code on my PC and
thus my PPC through a sync. I'm hoping somebody can tell me how to
define a color for the text. For example I'd like red for those books I
have read or green for those ebooks or CDs I which to get.

Thanks

--
supposed2b