can we disable sync center yet?

drew00629

can we disable sync center yet?
Ive searched for awhile now, and havent found an answer. According to the MS
website, sync center cannot be turned off, and i dont understand why.
Im on a quad core with 3gb ddr2, and 80% of the time, sync center will start
up for no reason and drain my resources. the other 20% of the time it starts
up with WMP.
Is there a third party software or registry hack that will allow me to
completely disable sync from ever running again>?

if there is no way, MS, please give us an update that will allow users who
do not like this feature to turn it off.
narcan

Re: can we disable sync center yet?
I've seen on many systems that it also delays shutdown to the maximum 20
secs service timeout. I would like to see this fixed.
Thought you could disable it though by disabling the 2 associated services
in the services.msc.

"drew00629" <drew00629@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ive searched for awhile now, and havent found an answer. According to the
> MS
> website, sync center cannot be turned off, and i dont understand why.
> Im on a quad core with 3gb ddr2, and 80% of the time, sync center will
> start
> up for no reason and drain my resources. the other 20% of the time it
> starts
> up with WMP.
> Is there a third party software or registry hack that will allow me to
> completely disable sync from ever running again>?
>
> if there is no way, MS, please give us an update that will allow users who
> do not like this feature to turn it off.

LANSCOMM

Re: can we disable sync center yet?

Your issues can be easily circumvented by disabling the Mobile Sync
Services in Vista. Once disabled you will not see the pop up dialog
window indicating that "_Microsoft_Sync_Center_Has_Stopped_Working_".
(Like when did it EVER actually work ???)

I'm sure you'll agree that terminating the service and losing a few
unheard of and never used "helpful features" is a far better solution
than seeing the dialog box pop up over 3,000 times per week.

Simply Click START - Control Panel - Administrative Tools - SERVICES

Scroll down to "Portable Device Enumerator Service" and Double Click on
it to bring up the service properties. Click STOP to terminate the
currently running process, and then Click the Startup Type Button and
select MANUAL from the drop down box.

Or simply look at the Color Coded SIX Step Process detailed in the
attached graphic. http://lanscomm.org

Hope this helps !!!
Eddie

|Filename: MobSync.png |
|Download: http://forums.techarena.in/attachment.php?attachmentid=8513|

LANSCOMM
LANSCOMM's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/105390.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...nce/983138.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Tae Song

"LANSCOMM" <LANSCOMM.3tp3fd@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Your issues can be easily circumvented by disabling the Mobile Sync
> Services in Vista. Once disabled you will not see the pop up dialog
> window indicating that "_Microsoft_Sync_Center_Has_Stopped_Working_".
> (Like when did it EVER actually work ???)

It works just fine here. I use it all the time with my cellphone/media
player.

> I'm sure you'll agree that terminating the service and losing a few
> unheard of and never used "helpful features" is a far better solution
> than seeing the dialog box pop up over 3,000 times per week.
>
> Simply Click START - Control Panel - Administrative Tools - SERVICES
>
> Scroll down to "Portable Device Enumerator Service" and Double Click on
> it to bring up the service properties. Click STOP to terminate the
> currently running process, and then Click the Startup Type Button and
> select MANUAL from the drop down box.

I hate to tell you this, but Mobsync.exe aka Sync Center runs fine without
this service running.

I am using it right now as I type this. The service is not running and
disabled, but MobSync.exe is running.

Maybe someone can elaborate on what it really does, but doesn't seem to
affect Mobsync.exe in anyway.