local session manager failed to start at loging... access is denie

Melle

local session manager failed to start at loging... access is denie
ok let me see just how to explain this. basically i need to know how to start
the LSM somehow between bootup and before login.
how did it get disabled? because of a careless mistake i made in my firewall
zone alarm, which has been no help btw. i dont think they even know their own
product.
someone please help. as soon as i hit enter to login the message

LSM failed to start. access is denied.

this is my main hd and need back in.
i tried running the vista disk but it will only allow my to freshly install
a copy, it doesnt read any backup to restore points for some reason, nor does
it even catch on that there IS a startup error.

please dont tell me im out of luck,
--
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority,
but to be insane in such a useful way that they can''''t commit you"

Melle

RE: local session manager failed to start at loging... access is denie
i hsve vista home, and what i did in zonealarm was accidently deny the
program access, thencomputer stated it had an error and would shut down,
thenthis problem started. however, i have another harddrive installed also
with xp and i can access most files on the vista drive. the majory of
documents, startup files access is denied too.