webcam speaker disabled

Bill L.

webcam speaker disabled
In order to use another microphone, I disabled the webcam microphone. Now
the icon for the webcam mike does not appear, in the recording devices. How
do I reenable the webcam microphone?
Robert Hankins

Re: webcam speaker disabled
You don't mention make and model comp; but there should be a web page for
setup and control of webcam. I have a Dell and there is a Dell Webcam page
with audio control. I imagine that there is something similar in other
makes.

"Bill L." <BillL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In order to use another microphone, I disabled the webcam microphone. Now
> the icon for the webcam mike does not appear, in the recording devices.
> How
> do I reenable the webcam microphone?

Mick Murphy

RE: webcam speaker disabled
If you can not find it in Device Manager as being disabled, reinstall the
software for the Webcam.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Bill L." wrote:

> In order to use another microphone, I disabled the webcam microphone. Now
> the icon for the webcam mike does not appear, in the recording devices. How
> do I reenable the webcam microphone?

Cal Bear '66

Re: webcam speaker disabled
The solution could be as simple as right clicking in the Sound > Recording Tab
window and checking both "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected
Devices".

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

> "Bill L." <BillL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> In order to use another microphone, I disabled the webcam microphone. Now
>> the icon for the webcam mike does not appear, in the recording devices. How
>> do I reenable the webcam microphone?

Bill L.

Re: webcam speaker disabled
This sounds good. Pardon the pun. Where do I find the "Sound>Recording Tab
window"?
Bill L.

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> The solution could be as simple as right clicking in the Sound > Recording Tab
> window and checking both "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected
> Devices".
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> > "Bill L." <BillL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> In order to use another microphone, I disabled the webcam microphone. Now
> >> the icon for the webcam mike does not appear, in the recording devices. How
> >> do I reenable the webcam microphone?

Bill L.

RE: webcam speaker disabled
It's a Microsoft webcam and didn't come with any software. When I click on
"Manage audio devices" in the control panel, then on the "recording" tab, the
icon for the webcam does not appear.
Bill L.

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> If you can not find it in Device Manager as being disabled, reinstall the
> software for the Webcam.
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
>

> "Bill L." wrote:
>
> > In order to use another microphone, I disabled the webcam microphone. Now
> > the icon for the webcam mike does not appear, in the recording devices. How
> > do I reenable the webcam microphone?

Cal Bear '66

Re: webcam speaker disabled
Control Panel (Classic view) > Sound > Recording tab.

OR, even easier: right click on the speaker icon in the Notification Area of
the Taskbar and select "Recording Devices".

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

> This sounds good. Pardon the pun. Where do I find the "Sound>Recording Tab
> window"?
> Bill L.
>
> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> The solution could be as simple as right clicking in the Sound > Recording
>> Tab
>> window and checking both "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected
>> Devices".
>>

>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!

Bill L.

Re: webcam speaker disabled
When I go to the control panel>Hardware and Sound>Mamage Audio
Devices>Recording Tab...the icons for my other microphone (which is not
currently plugged in) and Line In? appear, but not the icon for the webcam.
If I right click on the speaker icon in the task bar>recording devices I get
the same window, again without the webcam icon.
Bill L.

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Control Panel (Classic view) > Sound > Recording tab.
>

> OR, even easier: right click on the speaker icon in the Notification Area of
> the Taskbar and select "Recording Devices".
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Bill L." <BillL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This sounds good. Pardon the pun. Where do I find the "Sound>Recording Tab
> > window"?
> > Bill L.
> >
> > "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
> >
> >> The solution could be as simple as right clicking in the Sound > Recording
> >> Tab
> >> window and checking both "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected
> >> Devices".
> >>

> >> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> >> GO BEARS!

Cal Bear '66

Re: webcam speaker disabled
How did you disable the webcam microphone in the first place?

You should go here and see if there are Vista drivers for your webcam:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo.../Download.mspx

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

> It's a Microsoft webcam and didn't come with any software. When I click on
> "Manage audio devices" in the control panel, then on the "recording" tab, the
> icon for the webcam does not appear.
> Bill L.
>
> "Mick Murphy" wrote:
>
>> If you can not find it in Device Manager as being disabled, reinstall the
>> software for the Webcam.
>> --
>> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
>>

>> "Bill L." wrote:
>>
>> > In order to use another microphone, I disabled the webcam microphone. Now
>> > the icon for the webcam mike does not appear, in the recording devices.
>> > How
>> > do I reenable the webcam microphone?

Cal Bear '66

Re: webcam speaker disabled
So,DID you right click in that Recording tab window and check "Show Disabled
Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices"??????

Also, I gave you the wrong link. Go here for the latest Microsoft webcam
drivers:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/di...s/default.mspx

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!