Windows Explorer

George

Windows Explorer
I am having repeated problems with Windows Explorer. Whenever I attempt
simple operations like deleting or canceling, the resulting dialogue boxes
refuse to close and often this leads to the system jamming. Whenever I
attempt to use the Search facility the system jams. More and more simple
tasks result in open dialogue boxes refusing to disappear or system jamming
which forces me to open the Task manager to close the programmes and
sometimes I have to re-boot just to get started again. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Malke

Re: Windows Explorer
George wrote:

> I am having repeated problems with Windows Explorer. Whenever I attempt
> simple operations like deleting or canceling, the resulting dialogue boxes
> refuse to close and often this leads to the system jamming. Whenever I
> attempt to use the Search facility the system jams. More and more simple
> tasks result in open dialogue boxes refusing to disappear or system
> jamming which forces me to open the Task manager to close the programmes
> and
> sometimes I have to re-boot just to get started again. Any suggestions?
> Thanks

Not enough information to give you focused help.

The First Question Of Troubleshooting: what changed between the time things
worked and the time they didn't?

The Second Question of Windows Troubleshooting: what is the malware/virus
status of the machine? If you think it is clean, what programs (and
versions) did you use to determine this?

Be sure the computer is clean:

After you've answered the First and Second Questions, if you want more help
please do post back. These links will show you what details to include:

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers