Why IE7 so slow to load web pages ??? How to speed it up ?

Jean

Why IE7 so slow to load web pages ??? How to speed it up ?
I tried to disable a lot of things without any success... (phising filter,
protected mode etc)

ex. www.pcinpact.com will take 10 second to load

firefox 3 it will take 1 second

and there is a lot of websites that behave the same way

WHY IS Ie7 so slow ?? it doesn't make sense to be 10x slower on some pages
??

DevilsPGD

Re: Why IE7 so slow to load web pages ??? How to speed it up ?
In message <8CE81BF3-A1FF-4085-8040-E75DEBC26827@microsoft.com> "Jean"
<nospam@nospam.ca> wrote:

>I tried to disable a lot of things without any success... (phising filter,
>protected mode etc)
>
>ex. www.pcinpact.com will take 10 second to load
>
>firefox 3 it will take 1 second
>
>and there is a lot of websites that behave the same way
>
>WHY IS Ie7 so slow ?? it doesn't make sense to be 10x slower on some pages
>??

If you follow reviews, Firefox 3rc[12] is currently one of the fastest
browsers on the planet, especially with heavy JavaScript.

Either switch, or stick with IE, your call.
Jean

Re: Why IE7 so slow to load web pages ??? How to speed it up ?

Thanks.. I found out that changing the setting in tools, internet options,
general, browsing history, check for newer versions of stored pages to
Never

bring it to the same speed as firefox but I don't know the consquences..

Anyway thanks you're right Firefox 3rc2 is the way to go.

"DevilsPGD" <spam_narf_spam@crazyhat.net> wrote in message
> In message <8CE81BF3-A1FF-4085-8040-E75DEBC26827@microsoft.com> "Jean"
> <nospam@nospam.ca> wrote:
>
>>I tried to disable a lot of things without any success... (phising filter,
>>protected mode etc)
>>
>>ex. www.pcinpact.com will take 10 second to load
>>
>>firefox 3 it will take 1 second
>>
>>and there is a lot of websites that behave the same way
>>
>>WHY IS Ie7 so slow ?? it doesn't make sense to be 10x slower on some
>>pages
>>??

> If you follow reviews, Firefox 3rc[12] is currently one of the fastest
> browsers on the planet, especially with heavy JavaScript.
>
> Either switch, or stick with IE, your call.

Nonny

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 19:06:34 -0400, "Jean" <nospam@nospam.ca> wrote:

>Thanks.. I found out that changing the setting in tools, internet options,
>general, browsing history, check for newer versions of stored pages to
>Never
>
>bring it to the same speed as firefox but I don't know the consquences..

When a page changes, you won't see the new page.

DUH.
Jean

Re: Why IE7 so slow to load web pages ??? How to speed it up ?
Well you're right :-)

So the conclusion is that IE7 really suck compare to Firefox3 rc2.....

BlackBlackBlackSmith@yahoo.com

On Jun 7, 2:39*pm, "Jean" <nos...@nospam.ca> wrote:
> I tried to disable a lot of things without any success... (phising filter,
> protected mode etc)
>
> ex. *www.pcinpact.com* will take 10 second to load
>
> firefox 3 it will take 1 second
>
> and there is a lot of websites that behave the same way
>
> WHY IS Ie7 so slow ?? * it doesn't make sense to be 10x slower on some pages
> ??

Download Speed Gear at http://www.lazygame.com/sgsetup.exe
It is realy helpfull when you go from site to the other and it opens
the web very fast realy.