Explorer/Office Error Message

Concern1

Explorer/Office Error Message
Hello and thanks for your replies.
I just recently upgraded from XP to Windows Vista SP 1 and I've ran into a
couple of problems. As I am using Internet Explorer and Office, and for no
apparent reason, all of sudden I get an error message saying that it has
encountered a problem and that it needs to close and restart. The last time I
wa using "IE" it happened when I clicked on a preview of a movie, a couple of
seconds later an error message popped up saying that "IE was not responding
and that it needed to restart." I've made sure that Windows is up-to-date and
that my security features are up-to-date also. I've also received the same
problem after installing "Office" and opened Word for the 1st time.
What can I do to eliminate these errors?
Thank you,
FJ
Robert Hankins

Re: Explorer/Office Error Message
Anything else running in background? Check with Task Manager (Ctl-Alt-Del)
open Task Mgr.
Look for scans running in background. Also run error check ( My comp-C
drive (?) -Properties-Tools- Error check: Check box for fix errors; restart
when ready.
Bob H.

"Concern1" <Concern1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsAA9A24E-0E93-4EF1-B77C-2710A18CC0C3@microsoft.com...
> Hello and thanks for your replies.
> I just recently upgraded from XP to Windows Vista SP 1 and I've ran into a
> couple of problems. As I am using Internet Explorer and Office, and for no
> apparent reason, all of sudden I get an error message saying that it has
> encountered a problem and that it needs to close and restart. The last
> time I
> wa using "IE" it happened when I clicked on a preview of a movie, a couple
> of
> seconds later an error message popped up saying that "IE was not
> responding
> and that it needed to restart." I've made sure that Windows is up-to-date
> and
> that my security features are up-to-date also. I've also received the same
> problem after installing "Office" and opened Word for the 1st time.
> What can I do to eliminate these errors?
> Thank you,
> FJ

DL

Re: Explorer/Office Error Message
Try an Office repair
Not all versions of Office are fully suported in Vista & you neglected to
mention your version

"Concern1" <Concern1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsAA9A24E-0E93-4EF1-B77C-2710A18CC0C3@microsoft.com...
> Hello and thanks for your replies.
> I just recently upgraded from XP to Windows Vista SP 1 and I've ran into a
> couple of problems. As I am using Internet Explorer and Office, and for no
> apparent reason, all of sudden I get an error message saying that it has
> encountered a problem and that it needs to close and restart. The last
> time I
> wa using "IE" it happened when I clicked on a preview of a movie, a couple
> of
> seconds later an error message popped up saying that "IE was not
> responding
> and that it needed to restart." I've made sure that Windows is up-to-date
> and
> that my security features are up-to-date also. I've also received the same
> problem after installing "Office" and opened Word for the 1st time.
> What can I do to eliminate these errors?
> Thank you,
> FJ

Concern1

Re: Explorer/Office Error Message
Hello Robert. Thanks for replying to my message. I actually tried what you
suggested, but it did not solve the problem. Nothing suspcious appeared to be
running in the background, and I did run the "Error check."
I thank you, however, for your reply.

FG.

"Robert Hankins" wrote:

> Anything else running in background? Check with Task Manager (Ctl-Alt-Del)
> open Task Mgr.
> Look for scans running in background. Also run error check ( My comp-C
> drive (?) -Properties-Tools- Error check: Check box for fix errors; restart
> when ready.
> Bob H.
>

> "Concern1" <Concern1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsAA9A24E-0E93-4EF1-B77C-2710A18CC0C3@microsoft.com...
> > Hello and thanks for your replies.
> > I just recently upgraded from XP to Windows Vista SP 1 and I've ran into a
> > couple of problems. As I am using Internet Explorer and Office, and for no
> > apparent reason, all of sudden I get an error message saying that it has
> > encountered a problem and that it needs to close and restart. The last
> > time I
> > wa using "IE" it happened when I clicked on a preview of a movie, a couple
> > of
> > seconds later an error message popped up saying that "IE was not
> > responding
> > and that it needed to restart." I've made sure that Windows is up-to-date
> > and
> > that my security features are up-to-date also. I've also received the same
> > problem after installing "Office" and opened Word for the 1st time.
> > What can I do to eliminate these errors?
> > Thank you,
> > FJ

Concern1

Re: Explorer/Office Error Message
Hi DL. Thank you for answering my post. The version I have is "Microsoft
Office Home and Student 2007". According to the box, it is "Certified for
Windows Vista and designed for Windows XP."

How do I perform and Office repair?

Thanks,
FG