PCPitstop Overdrive

tempting2taanzaa

PCPitstop Overdrive
Hi:

Exactly how accurate is PCPitstop's Overdrive scan? The free scan performs
a number of security, maintenance, and other scans. Their signifiers come
in checkered, yellow and red flags. I had a yellow flag on my memory speed.
The test showed my memory action to be unusually slow compared to other
comparable mobile computers. I will paste the exact results below:

Memory performance of this system 4043 megabytes per second, is
significantly lower than average. Systems with the same processor and
amount of memory typically perform at a level of 5650 MB/s.

How accurate is this assessment and how viable is the solution the page
offered. Please see below:

If you have received other tips or advice on PC Pitstop, resolve those
items and re-test before trying to solve this one. Your low performance
may be due to some other conditions that we've already detected, and will go
away as soon as those problems are resolved.

If this tip consistently appears, here are the most common causes:

Software is running on your system that is interfering with PC Pitstop's
testing. See the Windows details for a list of software that was running
when PC Pitstop testing was performed. To help get control over your running
programs we suggest WinPatrol Plus.
There may not be enough memory installed, and the system is swapping to
disk during the test. If this is the case you will have also
received an "Install more memory" tip. Read the instructions in that tip.
Level 2 cache may be present, but is turned off. See the tip Enable
Processor/Memory Cache for more information.

I thank you for your replies!

--
Check out the great stores listed here! Receive special offers! Visit
http://driven.mysite.com

C.B.

Re: PCPitstop Overdrive

"tempting2taanzaa" <taanzaa39@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> Exactly how accurate is PCPitstop's Overdrive scan? The free scan
> performs a number of security, maintenance, and other scans. Their
> signifiers come in checkered, yellow and red flags. I had a yellow flag
> on my memory speed. The test showed my memory action to be unusually slow
> compared to other comparable mobile computers. I will paste the exact
> results below:
>
> Memory performance of this system 4043 megabytes per second, is
> significantly lower than average. Systems with the same processor and
> amount of memory typically perform at a level of 5650 MB/s.
>
> How accurate is this assessment and how viable is the solution the page
> offered. Please see below:
>
> If you have received other tips or advice on PC Pitstop, resolve those
> items and re-test before trying to solve this one. Your low
> performance may be due to some other conditions that we've already
> detected, and will go away as soon as those problems are resolved.
>
> If this tip consistently appears, here are the most common causes:
>
> Software is running on your system that is interfering with PC
> Pitstop's testing. See the Windows details for a list of software that
> was running when PC Pitstop testing was performed. To help get control
> over your running programs we suggest WinPatrol Plus.
> There may not be enough memory installed, and the system is swapping to
> disk during the test. If this is the case you will have also
> received an "Install more memory" tip. Read the instructions in that tip.
> Level 2 cache may be present, but is turned off. See the tip Enable
> Processor/Memory Cache for more information.
>
> I thank you for your replies!
>
> --
> Check out the great stores listed here! Receive special offers! Visit
> http://driven.mysite.com

I don't want to hurt your feelings but I classify optimization software
the same as registry cleaners; not worth the time, effort and money. In most
cases they will cause more harm than good, especially if you let them
blindly "fix" your system.
The best thing you can do is uninstall it. Personal opinion based on
experience, that's all.

C.B.

--
It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged
and unfortunate among us.

tempting2taanzaa

Re: PCPitstop Overdrive
Uninstall what? The software (Overdrive) you mean? Oh, this is no software
I downloaded. It was a free online scan I used (nothing I purchased or
installed). I always remove the browser add-ons after use. But, your
opinion is the reported numbers are incorrect? Like I said, I am not having
any issues, just ran the scan for information purposes only. Are their any
other tests a non-techy (me) could use to determine whether their memory is
performing optimally?

Thanks for your reply.

--
"C.B." <notreallyc.b.mullen@windowslive.com> wrote in message

> "tempting2taanzaa" <taanzaa39@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
>> Hi:
>>
>> Exactly how accurate is PCPitstop's Overdrive scan? The free scan
>> performs a number of security, maintenance, and other scans. Their
>> signifiers come in checkered, yellow and red flags. I had a yellow flag
>> on my memory speed. The test showed my memory action to be unusually slow
>> compared to other comparable mobile computers. I will paste the exact
>> results below:
>>
>> Memory performance of this system 4043 megabytes per second, is
>> significantly lower than average. Systems with the same processor and
>> amount of memory typically perform at a level of 5650 MB/s.
>>
>> How accurate is this assessment and how viable is the solution the page
>> offered. Please see below:
>>
>> If you have received other tips or advice on PC Pitstop, resolve those
>> items and re-test before trying to solve this one. Your low
>> performance may be due to some other conditions that we've already
>> detected, and will go away as soon as those problems are resolved.
>>
>> If this tip consistently appears, here are the most common causes:
>>
>> Software is running on your system that is interfering with PC
>> Pitstop's testing. See the Windows details for a list of software
>> that was running when PC Pitstop testing was performed. To help get
>> control over your running programs we suggest WinPatrol Plus.
>> There may not be enough memory installed, and the system is swapping
>> to disk during the test. If this is the case you will have also
>> received an "Install more memory" tip. Read the instructions in that tip.
>> Level 2 cache may be present, but is turned off. See the tip Enable
>> Processor/Memory Cache for more information.
>>
>> I thank you for your replies!
>>
>> --
>> Check out the great stores listed here! Receive special offers! Visit
>> http://driven.mysite.com

> I don't want to hurt your feelings but I classify optimization
> software the same as registry cleaners; not worth the time, effort and
> money. In most cases they will cause more harm than good, especially if
> you let them blindly "fix" your system.
> The best thing you can do is uninstall it. Personal opinion based on
> experience, that's all.
>
> C.B.
>

> --
> It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged
> and unfortunate among us.

DL

Re: PCPitstop Overdrive
Free online scans from such products, in my experience, allways return
negatives that you are informed can be corrected by purchasing their
software
www.memtest.org
SiSoft Sandra
Cpuz
Some of the above may offer insites

> [...]
>>> tip.
>>> Level 2 cache may be present, but is turned off. See the tip Enable
>>> Processor/Memory Cache for more information.
>>>
>>> I thank you for your replies!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Check out the great stores listed here! Receive special offers! Visit
>>> http://driven.mysite.com

>> I don't want to hurt your feelings but I classify optimization
>> software the same as registry cleaners; not worth the time, effort and
>> money. In most cases they will cause more harm than good, especially if
>> you let them blindly "fix" your system.
>> The best thing you can do is uninstall it. Personal opinion based on
>> experience, that's all.
>>
>> C.B.
>>

>> --
>> It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: PCPitstop Overdrive
"C.B." <notreallyc.b.mullen@windowslive.com> wrote in message

> "tempting2taanzaa" <taanzaa39@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
>> Hi:
>>
>> Exactly how accurate is PCPitstop's Overdrive scan? The free scan
>> performs a number of security, maintenance, and other scans. Their
>> signifiers come in checkered, yellow and red flags. I had a yellow flag
>> on my memory speed. The test showed my memory action to be unusually slow
>> compared to other comparable mobile computers. I will paste the exact
>> results below:
>>
>> Memory performance of this system 4043 megabytes per second, is
>> significantly lower than average. Systems with the same processor and
>> amount of memory typically perform at a level of 5650 MB/s.
>>
>> How accurate is this assessment and how viable is the solution the page
>> offered. Please see below:
>>
>> If you have received other tips or advice on PC Pitstop, resolve those
>> items and re-test before trying to solve this one. Your low
>> performance may be due to some other conditions that we've already
>> detected, and will go away as soon as those problems are resolved.
>>
>> If this tip consistently appears, here are the most common causes:
>>
>> Software is running on your system that is interfering with PC
>> Pitstop's testing. See the Windows details for a list of software
>> that was running when PC Pitstop testing was performed. To help get
>> control over your running programs we suggest WinPatrol Plus.
>> There may not be enough memory installed, and the system is swapping
>> to disk during the test. If this is the case you will have also
>> received an "Install more memory" tip. Read the instructions in that tip.
>> Level 2 cache may be present, but is turned off. See the tip Enable
>> Processor/Memory Cache for more information.
>>
>> I thank you for your replies!
>>
>> --
>> Check out the great stores listed here! Receive special offers! Visit
>> http://driven.mysite.com

> I don't want to hurt your feelings but I classify optimization
> software the same as registry cleaners; not worth the time, effort and
> money. In most cases they will cause more harm than good, especially if
> you let them blindly "fix" your system.
> The best thing you can do is uninstall it. Personal opinion based on
> experience, that's all.
>
> C.B.
>

> --
> It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged
> and unfortunate among us.

PC Pistop Overdrive rankings reflected the same performance levels as the
Vista Windows Experience when run on my computer.

It showed that my IE cache was oversized, which it was.

It showed that my C drive was quite fragged, which it was.

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

tempting2taanzaa

Re: PCPitstop Overdrive
Thanks all for your input. I attempted to Google RAM testing and came up
with few good hits. I will visit the site that was offered by DL.

Again, thanks for your responses.

--
"DL" <address@invalid> wrote in message
> Free online scans from such products, in my experience, allways return
> negatives that you are informed can be corrected by purchasing their
> software
> www.memtest.org
> SiSoft Sandra
> Cpuz
> Some of the above may offer insites
>
> "tempting2taanzaa" <taanzaa39@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
>> Uninstall what? The software (Overdrive) you mean? Oh, this is no
>> software I downloaded. It was a free online scan I used (nothing I
>> purchased or installed). I always remove the browser add-ons after use.
>> But, your opinion is the reported numbers are incorrect? Like I said, I
>> am not having any issues, just ran the scan for information purposes
>> only. Are their any other tests a non-techy (me) could use to determine
>> whether their memory is performing optimally?
>>
>> Thanks for your reply.
>>
>> --
>> Check out the great stores listed here! Receive special offers! Visit
>> http://driven.mysite.com
>> "C.B." <notreallyc.b.mullen@windowslive.com> wrote in message
>>>

>>> "tempting2taanzaa" <taanzaa39@yahoo.ca> wrote in message

>>> I don't want to hurt your feelings but I classify optimization
>>> software the same as registry cleaners; not worth the time, effort and
>>> money. In most cases they will cause more harm than good, especially if
>>> you let them blindly "fix" your system.
>>> The best thing you can do is uninstall it. Personal opinion based on
>>> experience, that's all.
>>>
>>> C.B.
>>>

>>> --
>>> It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the
>>> underprivileged and unfortunate among us.

C.B.

Re: PCPitstop Overdrive
Click on Start and type Memory Diagnostic Tool. Select it at the top of
the Start Menu. Choose the option you want in the Memory Diagnostic Tool
window.
You can also see the link below for another memory testing method.

http://www.memtest.org/

C.B.

> [...]
>>> tip.
>>> Level 2 cache may be present, but is turned off. See the tip Enable
>>> Processor/Memory Cache for more information.
>>>
>>> I thank you for your replies!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Check out the great stores listed here! Receive special offers! Visit
>>> http://driven.mysite.com

>> I don't want to hurt your feelings but I classify optimization
>> software the same as registry cleaners; not worth the time, effort and
>> money. In most cases they will cause more harm than good, especially if
>> you let them blindly "fix" your system.
>> The best thing you can do is uninstall it. Personal opinion based on
>> experience, that's all.
>>
>> C.B.
>>

>> --
>> It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged

tempting2taanzaa

Re: PCPitstop Overdrive
Hi:

I ran the Memory Diagnostic Tool and there were no errors (I was certain
there wouldn't be). Thanks for the tip though.