Cant open Control Panel run windows update defender update

CountyMan

Cant open Control Panel run windows update defender update
Please can anyone help, I am running vista Home Premium 64bit
and I cant open control panel, cant run windows update or update
defender.
Running PcCillin 2008 Pro tried Registry Mechanic & registry repair
pro also run Ad-Aware. Still cant get any of them to run.

This is causing some concern as I use the Pc for my business.

Please someone HEEELP!

Many Thanks

--
Posted at author's request, using moderated http://www.WinForumz.com interface
Thread archive: http://www.WinForumz.com/vista/open-...pict51540.html
Nonny

Re: Cant open Control Panel run windows update defender update
On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 11:23:08 -0500, CountyMan <none@000.com> wrote:

>Please can anyone help, I am running vista Home Premium 64bit
>and I cant open control panel, cant run windows update or update
>defender.
>Running PcCillin 2008 Pro tried Registry Mechanic & registry repair
>pro also run Ad-Aware. Still cant get any of them to run.
>
>This is causing some concern as I use the Pc for my business.
>
>Please someone HEEELP!

Have you tried using System Restore? Find a restore point that
precedes when your trouble began.

And dump the registry repair programs before you make things worse.

C.B.

"CountyMan" <none@000.com> wrote in message
news:239932_b0daf0594b4557f961804862664ac900@winfo rumz.com...
> Please can anyone help, I am running vista Home Premium 64bit
> and I cant open control panel, cant run windows update or update
> defender.
> Running PcCillin 2008 Pro tried Registry Mechanic & registry repair
> pro also run Ad-Aware. Still cant get any of them to run.
>
> This is causing some concern as I use the Pc for my business.
>
> Please someone HEEELP!
>
> Many Thanks
>
> --
> Posted at author's request, using moderated http://www.WinForumz.com
> interface
> Thread archive:
> http://www.WinForumz.com/vista/open-...pict51540.html

And why did you use Registry Mechanic and Registry Repair Pro? These
programs are undoubtedly what hosed your system. Any registry cleaner or
"optimizer" will cause more problems than they will ever fix, especially if
you let them do the work for you.
If you must edit your registry do it yourself manually and select only
the items that need to be altered or deleted. If you don't know how to do
this you have no business editing the registry. In any event, there's really
no need to clean, defrag or optimize your registry. Orphaned registry
entries and bloated registries will rarely cause any problems, performance
related or otherwise.
Do a System Restore prior to the time you ran these two programs. If
you don't have a restore point you can run sfc /scannow and it may help to
some degree. If you have a Vista installation DVD you can boot from it and
try to repair your system.
You may have to reformat and reinstall your OS, depending on the damage
you have done to the system files.

C.B.

--
It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged
and unfortunate among us.