driver id details - where to read about?

Erhard Glueck

driver id details - where to read about?
Hello,
first thanks, that windows update delivered a driver,
which healed the behavior destroying the shadow copies.

Now I would be interested to read about the driver version history.

The reference from the details in Windows Update History don't help.

Thank you for an advice
Erhard

PS. The details in the Windows Update History :

NVIDIA Corporation driver update for NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller
Installation date: 16.05.2008 15:31
Installation status: Successful
Update type: Optional
This driver was provided by NVIDIA Corporation for support of NVIDIA nForce
Serial ATA Controller
More information:
http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=2161
Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub

Mick Murphy

RE: driver id details - where to read about?
You can read the Driver version in Device Manager.
Right-click on the particular piece of hardware>Properties>Browse to your
hearts content.
you can roll back, update the Driver, whatever.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Erhard Glueck" wrote:

> Hello,
> first thanks, that windows update delivered a driver,
> which healed the behavior destroying the shadow copies.
>
> Now I would be interested to read about the driver version history.
>
> The reference from the details in Windows Update History don't help.
>
> Thank you for an advice
> Erhard
>
> PS. The details in the Windows Update History :
>
> NVIDIA Corporation driver update for NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller
> Installation date: 16.05.2008 15:31
> Installation status: Successful
> Update type: Optional
> This driver was provided by NVIDIA Corporation for support of NVIDIA nForce
> Serial ATA Controller
> More information:
> http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=2161
> Help and Support:
> http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub

Erhard Glueck

Re: driver id details - where to read about?
Thanks,
now I know the version number
( "nvidia 10.3.0.21" or "nvidia 18.11 WHQL"),
but have not found any technical information,
I would be interested about.

I am on the mailing list of 'Microsoft Download Notifications'.
If there, please give me a hint, how to read the notifications to notice
new drivers early.

This because the driver is dated with 2008-01-26 and I noticed it late, in
May.

Have a good day
Erhard