accidental ending of processes using task manager

Shelley_treasures

accidental ending of processes using task manager
I accidentally ended about the first 4 - 5 processes running on my Sony Vaio
laptop. I tried burning a CD and was able to use it for a few minutes but
then it went into automatic shut-down. Now I can not restart the computer, I
can't even restart it in safe mode. Is there anyway to restore the processes
that I ended without having to re-install the operating system?
Nonny

Re: accidental ending of processes using task manager
On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 13:46:04 -0700, Shelley_treasures
<Shelley_treasures@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I accidentally ended about the first 4 - 5 processes running on my Sony Vaio
>laptop. I tried burning a CD and was able to use it for a few minutes but
>then it went into automatic shut-down. Now I can not restart the computer, I
>can't even restart it in safe mode. Is there anyway to restore the processes
>that I ended without having to re-install the operating system?

When you try to enter safe mode, are you given the choice of booting
from the "last known good configuration"?
Shelley_treasures

Re: accidental ending of processes using task manager
Yes it does give me the option to start up with last known good
configuration, but that doesn't seem to work. When I select that option the
computer starts up but then reenters the automatic shut down mode after it
shuts down it goes into another round of the safe startup option and it just
keeps cycling through this over and over unless I turn off the computer with
the power button.

"Nonny" wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 13:46:04 -0700, Shelley_treasures
> <Shelley_treasures@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I accidentally ended about the first 4 - 5 processes running on my Sony Vaio
> >laptop. I tried burning a CD and was able to use it for a few minutes but
> >then it went into automatic shut-down. Now I can not restart the computer, I
> >can't even restart it in safe mode. Is there anyway to restore the processes
> >that I ended without having to re-install the operating system?

> When you try to enter safe mode, are you given the choice of booting
> from the "last known good configuration"?

Nonny

Re: accidental ending of processes using task manager
On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 14:16:02 -0700, Shelley_treasures
<Shelleytreasures@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Yes it does give me the option to start up with last known good
>configuration, but that doesn't seem to work. When I select that option the
>computer starts up but then reenters the automatic shut down mode after it
>shuts down it goes into another round of the safe startup option and it just
>keeps cycling through this over and over unless I turn off the computer with
>the power button.

Looks as if it's time to put the recovery CD in and restore to
out-of-the-box condition.

You do know that all of your data and all of the programs you've
installed will be lost, right?