Windows Installer Errors

Blake

Windows Installer Errors
I recently attempted to install a new game onto my computer, and was having
major difficulties in the installation process. The file would unpack and
install normally until the very end when when a Windows Installer box would
come up saying "Preparing to Install". This would continue for about 45
minutes or so until finally an error message came up saying that the
Installation Server was not responding. I redownloaded and attempted
reinstallation on multiple occasions with no success.

I thought that perhaps there was an update I was missing, so I attempted to
install the latest windows update only to find the same problem was occurring
in that it would sit at the "preparing to install" state with no progress.
Uninstalling programs through the control panel met with the same result,
although I was able to use the uninstall included in the program itself with
success.

I would appreciate any help or insight into this matter, as I have wrestled
with this problem all day and it has frustrated me to no end.
Nonny

Re: Windows Installer Errors
On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 22:52:01 -0700, Blake
<Blake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I recently attempted to install a new game onto my computer, and was having
>major difficulties in the installation process. The file would unpack and
>install normally until the very end when when a Windows Installer box would
>come up saying "Preparing to Install". This would continue for about 45
>minutes or so until finally an error message came up saying that the
>Installation Server was not responding. I redownloaded and attempted
>reinstallation on multiple occasions with no success.
>
>I thought that perhaps there was an update I was missing, so I attempted to
>install the latest windows update only to find the same problem was occurring
>in that it would sit at the "preparing to install" state with no progress.
>Uninstalling programs through the control panel met with the same result,
>although I was able to use the uninstall included in the program itself with
>success.
>
>I would appreciate any help or insight into this matter, as I have wrestled
>with this problem all day and it has frustrated me to no end.

You've not mentioned what the game is, nor have you said that you
checked with the game's vendor.