Red x's in Outlook

Frenchy

Red x's in Outlook
Have not been able to get an answer in M.public.outlook Newsgroup so
hopefully here? Maybe a topic for the excellent Winhelponline Blog?

Approx late Dec 2007 all of a sudden any E-Mail in Outlook 2007 that has
http://www.xxxx.php appears as a Red x and when you hover over it you
only get CLICK TO FOLLOW LINK. The sender is in the Safe Sender List
and all possible settings have been checked as to the cause. Running
Vista Ultimate 32 Bit. It is not a firewall setting and nor is the
router firewall doing this. Identical machine with identical software
runs perfectly as far as displaying HTML E-Mails in all their glory.

Somewhere there is a setting or registry entry I am missing!

I have tried a new Mail profile and the same result. It is a normal
POP3 account at home to a local ISP.

Many thanks
Frenchy
Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Red x's in Outlook
Hi Frenchy,

See if this helps:
http://www.shahine.com/omar/FixingOu...dXProblem.aspx

--
Regards,

The Winhelponline Blog: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog
Windows« Troubleshooting: http://www.winhelponline.com

Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
> Hi Frenchy,
>
> See if this helps:
> http://www.shahine.com/omar/FixingOu...dXProblem.aspx

No, had tried that some time back and it didn't work. Note for anyone
else wanting to delete this folder, you can't ever see the contents of
the content.outlook\ folder and the only way is to paste the full path
into the top bar when you open any folder, so paste in

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ Temporary Internet
Files\Content.Outlook\3CT6XA5W\

The last 8 letter/digit will be different. Then you can delete

Thanks your thought though. I am afraid it looks like a complete delete
and re-install of Office maybe the only fix. I am positive it is some
registry setting that is preventing me seeing HTML in E-Mails. If I
open the E-Mail into a browser, it is perfect.

Frenchy
Nonny

Re: Red x's in Outlook
On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 07:34:03 +1200, Frenchy <Frenchy@invalid.com>
wrote:

>Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
>> Hi Frenchy,
>>
>> See if this helps:
>> http://www.shahine.com/omar/FixingOu...dXProblem.aspx
>>

>No, had tried that some time back and it didn't work. Note for anyone
>else wanting to delete this folder, you can't ever see the contents of
>the content.outlook\ folder and the only way is to paste the full path
>into the top bar when you open any folder, so paste in
>
>C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows \Temporary Internet
>Files\Content.Outlook\3CT6XA5W\
>
>The last 8 letter/digit will be different. Then you can delete
>
>Thanks your thought though. I am afraid it looks like a complete delete
>and re-install of Office maybe the only fix. I am positive it is some
>registry setting that is preventing me seeing HTML in E-Mails. If I
>open the E-Mail into a browser, it is perfect.

Why don't you take this to an Outlook group and see what they can come
up with??

microsoft.public.outlook.general
Frenchy

Re: Red x's in Outlook
Nonny wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 07:34:03 +1200, Frenchy <Frenchy@invalid.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
>>> Hi Frenchy,
>>>
>>> See if this helps:
>>> http://www.shahine.com/omar/FixingOu...dXProblem.aspx
>>>

>> No, had tried that some time back and it didn't work. Note for anyone
>> else wanting to delete this folder, you can't ever see the contents of
>> the content.outlook\ folder and the only way is to paste the full path
>> into the top bar when you open any folder, so paste in
>>
>> C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ Temporary Internet
>> Files\Content.Outlook\3CT6XA5W\
>>
>> The last 8 letter/digit will be different. Then you can delete
>>
>> Thanks your thought though. I am afraid it looks like a complete delete
>> and re-install of Office maybe the only fix. I am positive it is some
>> registry setting that is preventing me seeing HTML in E-Mails. If I
>> open the E-Mail into a browser, it is perfect.

> Why don't you take this to an Outlook group and see what they can come
> up with??
>
> microsoft.public.outlook.general

Been there at least 4 times posted this problem and no solution (a few
replies but nothing cogent). I do monitor that group as well. But as I
also see this as a Performance under Vista and there seem some bright
people here, I thought it worth posting here.

Frenchy