Flash Drive being used as regular RAM or Readyboost

Mike Lewis

Flash Drive being used as regular RAM or Readyboost

I AM NEW HERE AND HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO FIND HOW TO ACTIVATE MY FLASH
DRIVE MEMORY TO BE USED AS REGULAR RAM ([/b]- I READ I COULD SOME PLACE
AND PURCHASED A 8 GIG SD FLASH USB- ) *OR AS A READYBOOST AND WOULD LIKE
TO TRY IT OUT INSTEAD OF BUYING AND INSTALLING RAM (* -CURRENTLY AT 1
GIG RAM- [b]) IN TO MY LAP TOP. ANY IDEAS WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED AS
WELL AS ANY IDEA'S ON HOW USING MY FLASH DRIVE TO ENHANCE MY SYSTEM.

PS !This A to Z help page (s) is a God send!

--
Mike Lewis
Brink

Re: Flash Drive being used as regular RAM or Readyboost

Mike Lewis;732860 Wrote:
> *I am new here and have been unable to find how to activate my flash
> drive memory to be used as regular RAM (*- I read I could some place and
> purchased a 8 Gig SD flash USB- ) *or as a readyboost and would like to
> try it out instead of buying and installing RAM (* -currently at 1 Gig
> RAM- *) in to my lap top. Any ideas would be much appreciated as well as
> any idea's on how using my flash drive to enhance my system.*
>
> PS !This A to Z help page (s) is a God send!

Hi Mike,

Welcome to Vista Forums.

This tutorial may be able to help you use your Flash drive like RAM
using ReadBoost.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/81381-readyboost.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Nonny

Re: Flash Drive being used as regular RAM or Readyboost
On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 01:26:40 -0500, Brink <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

>Mike Lewis;732860 Wrote:
>> *I am new here and have been unable to find how to activate my flash
>> drive memory to be used as regular RAM (*- I read I could some place and
>> purchased a 8 Gig SD flash USB- ) *or as a readyboost and would like to
>> try it out instead of buying and installing RAM (* -currently at 1 Gig
>> RAM- *) in to my lap top. Any ideas would be much appreciated as well as
>> any idea's on how using my flash drive to enhance my system.*
>>
>> PS !This A to Z help page (s) is a God send!

>Hi Mike,
>
>Welcome to Vista Forums.

Teach your users how to quote when they reply.

It's a talent sorely lacking in vBulletin users.

Nonny;732888 Wrote:

> Teach your users how to quote when they reply.
>
> It's a talent sorely lacking in vBulletin users.

Hi Nonny,

You should see how the quotes looks from our end.

http://www.vistax64.com/vista-perfor...eadyboost.html

Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Rick Rogers

"Brink" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> You should see how the quotes looks from our end.

Ugh, it's no wonder that I prefer a newsreader.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Rick Rogers;733006 Wrote:
> "Brink" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
> > > >
> > > You should see how the quotes looks from our end. > >

> Ugh, it's no wonder that I prefer a newsreader.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> 'Microsoft Most Valuable Professional'
> (http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/)
> Windows help - 'www.rickrogers.org' (http://www.rickrogers.org)
> My thoughts 'Life and other stuff' (http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com)

LOL. Oh well Rick, to each their own.

Take care,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Ken Blake, MVP

Re: Flash Drive being used as regular RAM or Readyboost
On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 01:17:20 -0500, Mike Lewis
<guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

> I AM NEW HERE AND HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO FIND HOW TO ACTIVATE MY FLASH

Please don't yell at us. We can hear you if type normally, in mixed
case.

> DRIVE MEMORY TO BE USED AS REGULAR RAM

No, that's not possible.

>([/b]- I READ I COULD SOME PLACE
> AND PURCHASED A 8 GIG SD FLASH USB- ) *OR AS A READYBOOST AND WOULD LIKE
> TO TRY IT OUT INSTEAD OF BUYING AND INSTALLING RAM (* -CURRENTLY AT 1
> GIG RAM- [b]) IN TO MY LAP TOP. ANY IDEAS WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED AS
> WELL AS ANY IDEA'S ON HOW USING MY FLASH DRIVE TO ENHANCE MY SYSTEM.

You're thinking of ReadyBoost. You can use it as ReadyBoost, but
that's not the same as using it as regular RAM.

In my experience, ReadyBoost helps only on computers with less
than 2GB of RAM. And since my recommendation is that any Vista
computer with less than 2GB should be upgraded to at least 2GB, I
think ReadyBoost is essentially useless.

Your money is better spent on more RAM than on a ReadyBoost device.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup