Edit Msconfig Startup List

viviand

Edit Msconfig Startup List

How do I delete entries of disabled programs from the msconfig startup
list?

--
viviand
Malke

Re: Edit Msconfig Startup List
viviand wrote:

> How do I delete entries of disabled programs from the msconfig startup
> list?

Start Orb>Search box>type: regedit

When regedit appears in the Results box above, right-click it and choose
"Run as Administrator". When regedit opens, navigate to:

HKLM>Software>Microsoft>Shared Tools>Msconfig

Look under startupfolder and startupreg for the unwanted entries and delete
them.

[insert usual caution about being very careful when working in the Registry]

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
t-4-2

viviand;732712 Wrote:
> How do I delete entries of disabled programs from the msconfig startup
> list?

Hello viviand,
Forgive me from asking. Why do you want to delete disabled programs
from the startup list? They are not going to do any damage, nor slow
down your startup time, for that matter. You are playing with the
registry, that's a dangerous move.
I'm not in disagreement with your decision, just curious.

--
t-4-2
Nonny

Re: Edit Msconfig Startup List
On Sat, 31 May 2008 19:16:34 -0700, Malke <malke@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>viviand wrote:
>

>> How do I delete entries of disabled programs from the msconfig startup
>> list?
>>

>Start Orb>Search box>type: regedit
>
>When regedit appears in the Results box above, right-click it and choose
>"Run as Administrator". When regedit opens, navigate to:
>
>HKLM>Software>Microsoft>Shared Tools>Msconfig
>
>Look under startupfolder and startupreg for the unwanted entries and delete
>them.

Must be another place than that one. Didn't work at all here.

>[insert usual caution about being very careful when working in the Registry]
>
>Malke

PaulM

Re: Edit Msconfig Startup List
Go here line 4:
http://www.paulsxp.com/tweaksvista.html

www.paulsxp.com
www.paulsxp.com/forum

"viviand" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> How do I delete entries of disabled programs from the msconfig startup
> list?
>

> --
> viviand

Nonny

On Sat, 31 May 2008 23:21:39 -0400, "PaulM" <paul@paulsxp.com> wrote:

>Go here line 4:
>http://www.paulsxp.com/tweaksvista.html

Works very nicely in Vista too :-)

Brink

viviand;732712 Wrote:
> How do I delete entries of disabled programs from the msconfig startup
> list?

Hi Viviand,

Some of these you can remove from with Windows Defender. See Option
Two, Method One in this tutorial below for how. It will be safer.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/79...e-disable.html

To also remove them from msconfig, you will need to look at the
registry "Location" for the program in msconfig and then manually delete
it from the registry. You can use Option Two with Method Two and Three
to help out with this in the same tutorial above.

Hope this helps you,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
viviand

Re: Edit Msconfig Startup List

thanks Malke that did the trick;

In answer to your question t-4-2... just dont like to scroll down lists
for the sake of having fun; I like things lean and mean lol ; btw I
always backup my registry before I do anything...

--
viviand
t-4-2

viviand;733166 Wrote:
> thanks Malke that did the trick;
>
> In answer to your question t-4-2... just dont like to scroll down lists
> for the sake of having fun; I like things lean and mean lol ; btw I
> always backup my registry before I do anything...

Thank you for your explanation. I was just wondering that since your
know what are abled and disabled , wouldn't that be enough? And what if
you wanted some of those activated in the futrue. You couldn't because
you had deleted them. If you follow my line of thinking.

--
t-4-2