windows experience index rating problem?

Lukee

windows experience index rating problem?
I just bought a new PC and ran the windows experience index rating and
received a 3.0 for the graphics part.

I don't know how that is possible, here are my specs.

EVGA 790i Ultra SLI Motherboard
C2D 8400 @ 3.0 Ghz processor
4 x 2GB Supertalent 1333Mhz memory at 8-8-8-18 for 8GB total
XFX Geforce 9800 Gx2 1 GB video card
Windows Vista 64 bit Ultimate
and some other stuff.

I have another PC which has a score of 5.6 for

BFG 8800 GTX 768 MB video card
4 GB ram 800 Mhz
2.4 GHz processor OCed to 2.9
Asus P5N32-E SLI Motherboard
Windows Vista 32 bit Home Premium

How is it that my new PC is scoring less on the video? Any suggestions
before I return the video card? rofl

I didn't manually install/upgrade my direct x, do you think that may be the
problem?

Dustin Harper

Re: windows experience index rating problem?
Did you load the drivers from http://www.nvidia.com? You might load those on
there and see if it improves.

--

Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

Was this helpful? Then click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web
interface.
http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales...eAPostAsAnswer

"Lukee" <Lukee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just bought a new PC and ran the windows experience index rating and
> received a 3.0 for the graphics part.
>
> I don't know how that is possible, here are my specs.
>
> EVGA 790i Ultra SLI Motherboard
> C2D 8400 @ 3.0 Ghz processor
> 4 x 2GB Supertalent 1333Mhz memory at 8-8-8-18 for 8GB total
> XFX Geforce 9800 Gx2 1 GB video card
> Windows Vista 64 bit Ultimate
> and some other stuff.
>
> I have another PC which has a score of 5.6 for
>
> BFG 8800 GTX 768 MB video card
> 4 GB ram 800 Mhz
> 2.4 GHz processor OCed to 2.9
> Asus P5N32-E SLI Motherboard
> Windows Vista 32 bit Home Premium
>
> How is it that my new PC is scoring less on the video? Any suggestions
> before I return the video card? rofl
>
> I didn't manually install/upgrade my direct x, do you think that may be
> the
> problem?

Victek

Re: windows experience index rating problem?
> I just bought a new PC and ran the windows experience index rating and
> received a 3.0 for the graphics part.
>
> I don't know how that is possible, here are my specs.
>
> EVGA 790i Ultra SLI Motherboard
> C2D 8400 @ 3.0 Ghz processor
> 4 x 2GB Supertalent 1333Mhz memory at 8-8-8-18 for 8GB total
> XFX Geforce 9800 Gx2 1 GB video card
> Windows Vista 64 bit Ultimate
> and some other stuff.
>
> I have another PC which has a score of 5.6 for
>
> BFG 8800 GTX 768 MB video card
> 4 GB ram 800 Mhz
> 2.4 GHz processor OCed to 2.9
> Asus P5N32-E SLI Motherboard
> Windows Vista 32 bit Home Premium
>
> How is it that my new PC is scoring less on the video? Any suggestions
> before I return the video card? rofl
>
> I didn't manually install/upgrade my direct x, do you think that may be
> the
> problem?

Is there another way you can benchmark the graphics? Do you have any 3D
games that you can run and get frame-rates? The WEI may just be off.

Charlie Tame

Victek wrote:
>> I just bought a new PC and ran the windows experience index rating and
>> received a 3.0 for the graphics part.
>>
>> I don't know how that is possible, here are my specs.
>>
>> EVGA 790i Ultra SLI Motherboard
>> C2D 8400 @ 3.0 Ghz processor
>> 4 x 2GB Supertalent 1333Mhz memory at 8-8-8-18 for 8GB total
>> XFX Geforce 9800 Gx2 1 GB video card
>> Windows Vista 64 bit Ultimate
>> and some other stuff.
>>
>> I have another PC which has a score of 5.6 for
>>
>> BFG 8800 GTX 768 MB video card
>> 4 GB ram 800 Mhz
>> 2.4 GHz processor OCed to 2.9
>> Asus P5N32-E SLI Motherboard
>> Windows Vista 32 bit Home Premium
>>
>> How is it that my new PC is scoring less on the video? Any suggestions
>> before I return the video card? rofl
>>
>> I didn't manually install/upgrade my direct x, do you think that may
>> be the
>> problem?
>>

> Is there another way you can benchmark the graphics? Do you have any 3D
> games that you can run and get frame-rates? The WEI may just be off.

You have the latest drivers, yes?

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...AquaMark.shtml

The above is a good guide.
Charlie Tame

Charlie Tame wrote:
> Victek wrote:
>>> I just bought a new PC and ran the windows experience index rating and
>>> received a 3.0 for the graphics part.
>>>
>>> I don't know how that is possible, here are my specs.
>>>
>>> EVGA 790i Ultra SLI Motherboard
>>> C2D 8400 @ 3.0 Ghz processor
>>> 4 x 2GB Supertalent 1333Mhz memory at 8-8-8-18 for 8GB total
>>> XFX Geforce 9800 Gx2 1 GB video card
>>> Windows Vista 64 bit Ultimate
>>> and some other stuff.
>>>
>>> I have another PC which has a score of 5.6 for
>>>
>>> BFG 8800 GTX 768 MB video card
>>> 4 GB ram 800 Mhz
>>> 2.4 GHz processor OCed to 2.9
>>> Asus P5N32-E SLI Motherboard
>>> Windows Vista 32 bit Home Premium
>>>
>>> How is it that my new PC is scoring less on the video? Any suggestions
>>> before I return the video card? rofl
>>>
>>> I didn't manually install/upgrade my direct x, do you think that may
>>> be the
>>> problem?
>>>

>> Is there another way you can benchmark the graphics? Do you have any
>> 3D games that you can run and get frame-rates? The WEI may just be off.

> You have the latest drivers, yes?
>
> http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...AquaMark.shtml
>
> The above is a good guide.

Darn, I do not think that will run on Vista 64, not even in
compatibility mode, that's a shame.